• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who is the Strongest Fish??

wildcatcreek

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever caught a yellow jack or pompano, they're like catching giant saltwater sunfish. Imagine catching a 20 lb fish shaped almost like a sunfish. Pound for pound big gills are tough to beat but they just don'tget that big. Carp would be on my list but I've had no experience with salmon.

for my personal experience it would be a carp. only caught small channels, no flatties or sturgeons. ive had a few larger sunfish that i thought could be LM's, but i caught about an 8lb carp in front of the dam in hastings, though i had about a 20 lb. fish on.

My 30 lb. Flathead this last summer was definitely the only fish that really put strain on me for once. I had caught many 15 lb+ Carp before but this guy was very strong and took about 5-10 minutes to get him 30 ft to shore. I was only 125 lbs. and that was a crazy fight for me.

How about a goose?!?!? Buddy hit one and hooked it as it just flew overhead while we were tossin for muskies...Tried realin it in for 30 minutes, and drivin around the lake with the trolling motor (trolling motors only lake) trying to catch up to it...than once we got close we had to try gettin the bait unhooked from his foot...we did end up getting it off after say a 45 minute BATTLE!

Anyone top this one?

how did you know you hooked into a beaver if you never realed it in?

Because I was flipping jigs under laydowns and my line started moving off, when I set the hook a beaver came flying out from under the tree. Thats how I know, saw it, and it was freakin huge to say the least.