• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Still a few to be had...

Jim Hudson

With the warmer then normal temps lately, I took advantage to do a bit of smallie fishing here in my back yard. Always fun to tangle with these beasts of Chequamegon Bay. I seen Crappie Keith made a good post about these fish as well. Fall time is definately the right time for big fish on this water!!!

My favorite tactic to catch em this time of the year is throwing jigging spoons at them. Hopkins and the alike. They are schooled up thick and when you get on a pod, it can be fast and furious. Great time out there...

latefall08je4.jpg

latefall081ys6.jpg

Vahn,

A big yes on the other species.. Walleyes, trout, salmon, and pike too are all caught in areas we catch smallies.

I hear you on the northern stuff.. I have tried religously to get ample regulations on this bay for a good pike fishery. Being low density, they need protection. Right now, and previously speaking, our regulations have been lax on the pikes here. And it shows.. Runts are the norm. A few big ones every year, but not what it was back in the day and no where near what it should be. For the musky... There are very few and I do not see the DNR doing anything to implement stocking efforts for them.

Tonka,

Come on up and get in on the action... It definately is a blast!! Ice time is near too, even catch quite a few through the hardwater. Thats a hoot.