• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SICK DOG!!!!!

DCF

My 1 1/2 yr. old lab was sick. Started on a Thur. night, threw up, seem fine until Mon. morn.then very lethagic, wouldn't eat. Took him to vet at 8 that night, no temp, lungs sounded good, no diahhrea, I didn't know if he would make thru the night. Next day same thing, back to vet, next day same thing, back to vet for blood work, everything ok, finally by Fri starting to eat some and a little better. Now 2 weeks later I would say he is 85% ok, eating good, but sleeps alot. Vet had no clues. Very hard watching your dog be so sick with no clues what is wrong. Any ideas out there???????????

My lab got really sick once and he wouldnt eat and threw up every thing that he would drink. My brother told me that his lab had the same thing. the vet said it was probably a virus of some sort. The vet told him to boil 1lb. of hamburger and steam one cup of rice and mix them together. I did the same thing and fed him a cup of it three times a day and by the time it was gone he was back to normal. i would recomend trying that