• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ground Blind Question

Anyone know if there are any blaze orange requirements when using ground blinds in Minnesota? I think its a good idea but I didn't see anything in the regs for reuirements.

How bout Wisconsin?

Thanks.

As far as I know there is nothing about a blind. You, of course, have to be in orange, but after what I did on the "Early Anterless Season" I'd put some kind of orange outside of the blind. I was picking my way through a thick stand of young aspen and pines when I finally noticed I was walking right to a ground blind. It was totally brushed in on the top and bottom and who ever was inside never gave a whistle or a sign that I was "sneaking up" on them. It wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb and I got close enough to see the silhouette of a person through the mesh windows. blush The person must have watched me for a good 40 minutes because I was moving pretty slowly. Well, after feeling pretty dumb, I got to thinking...if a deer happened to walk inbetween the two of us during the time I didn't see the blind...jeeesh!

I know I wouldn't sit inside one during gun season without throwing some orange out there.