Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bowfin

Ground Blind Question

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know if there are any blaze orange requirements when using ground blinds in Minnesota? I think its a good idea but I didn't see anything in the regs for reuirements.

How bout Wisconsin?

Thanks.

As far as I know there is nothing about a blind. You, of course, have to be in orange, but after what I did on the "Early Anterless Season" I'd put some kind of orange outside of the blind. I was picking my way through a thick stand of young aspen and pines when I finally noticed I was walking right to a ground blind. It was totally brushed in on the top and bottom and who ever was inside never gave a whistle or a sign that I was "sneaking up" on them. It wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb and I got close enough to see the silhouette of a person through the mesh windows. blush The person must have watched me for a good 40 minutes because I was moving pretty slowly. Well, after feeling pretty dumb, I got to thinking...if a deer happened to walk inbetween the two of us during the time I didn't see the blind...jeeesh!

I know I wouldn't sit inside one during gun season without throwing some orange out there.

Check the regs book.. I actually think there is something in there.. I thought I had read it somewhere, but cant find it now...

I've never seen a law about it but I agree with 89, I will have something orange hanging near mine this weekend. Foolish not too.

Put some orange on your blind no matter what... a little blaze isn't going to spook the deer. Safety first.

I usually put a couple of strips of orange duck tape on each side of the blind. Works good and has never been a problem with the deer.

I see on pg 78 in regs. all it says is blaze orange would be a good idea, for sure put some blaze on it doesnt look like it`s a law but safety first.

Thanks - I'll be puttin some blaze around my blind.

I make sure I put a strip of blaze orange tape over every window of mine.