• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's Going Out And Who Can Not Wait?

Shack

So who are the FM members going out for Gun season this year?

I figure I would get a good old thread started to get us pumped and see which FM’ers are going to be out in the fields and woods this year.

Anyone getting excited yet? grin

I sure am wink.

I am hunting the same old patch of private land close to home, that I have been hunting for the last 6 years or so. I never get anything great, but sure love just going. I always buy a license to support the cause, but never know if I am going till a couple days before hand.

Just like last year, I was digging threw the threads and posts in one of FM's most awesome forums (Deer-Bear-Elk-Moose) and it got me pumped enough once again to go out, get skunked, but have some good old fashion fun cool.

Yep, I did not build that deluxe tree cabin I had planned on doing this year whistle. Never got around to planting that food plot either frown , but "Old Trusty" checked out ok tonight and is still ready to hold my bum for another MN deer opener wink.

Anyone else getting the bug?????

Well Shack....if you are just getting the bug, you are months behind most of us!! Nothing like Deer Camp! Why do you think I have been writing all those chapters in The Deer Camp story thread. Gotta deal with the excitement somehow. Good luck to you and to all. This weekend is one of the best times of year, if not the best. Be safe everyone.... as far as that "itch" you were talking about... mine is more like a full body rash!!! grin

Well Shack....if you are just getting the bug, you are months behind most of us!! Nothing like Deer Camp! Why do you think I have been writing all those chapters in The Deer Camp story thread. Gotta deal with the excitement somehow. Good luck to you and to all. This weekend is one of the best times of year, if not the best. Be safe everyone.... as far as that "itch" you were talking about... mine is more like a full body rash!!! grin

Agreed. I am ready. Now we just need a little luck.

Yep Coach, your thread is awesome and a big reason I am going this weekend grin.

Unfortunately, I have too many bugs in the fire and deer is one them that creeps up for me at the last minute these days wink , more so with the help of FM.

From buying ice gear the last couple weeks, Sturgeon fishing only a hand full of weeks ago, an awesome pheasant hunting trip a couple weeks back, buying a new sled, winter get ready around the house stuff, work, working on my boat trailer and getting up to ML before ice up (plus a bunch of other junk not listed), I just came upon my yearly deer bug pretty much today grin.

Gott’a go deer hunting though and I figure I would start a good old roll call thread grin!

headed to the cabin this morning. 25-35 mph winds up here near roseau. brought the young one to daycare and saw 7 deer in this crappy weather. i drove right up on a basket 8 pointer with his nose to the ground, the rut must be starting. the rest of the crew is do to arrive this afternoon. we will talk smart for a day and a half and then head to the stands on sat. cant wait. be safe everyone , i hate hearing about accidents on the radio

I think this is some of the most painstaking hours of work. Can't wait for the clock to hit 3:30 so I can go home, load up and head off to deer camp. Spend tomorrow setting up camp, get the fire going and [PoorWordUsage] with the others in camp. Then hit it hard til Tuesday. Hopefully my son will get his first deer this weekend. Think I am more nervous for him crazy than excited for myself. Either way.......I LOVE DEER CAMP!!!! grin

I'm so ready to head out tomorrow, the only bad thing is that I have to wait until tomorrow. I've been pretty much worthless at work as well. I'm trying all sorts of little things to try and keep me from going crazy like posting on FM and writing up the list of things to bring along smile

I also took the whole week off.

Tommorrow I'm hoping to get out duck hunting in the morning, then walk for some roosters in the afternoon. Then it's deer hunting either untill I drop one or the season ends.

You cant beat this time of year.

I am worthless at work and home this week. My wife told me/asked me last night if I did the stuff she apparently asked me to do, I said you never told me that....well if I wasn't so concerned about deer hunting...I just laughed and said you'll never understand...then this morning on my way to work up hwy 61 from cottage grove there were 2 dead bucks (recent roadkills) 1 was a 9 point and the other was a 7 point...I almost turned around and loaded up but have to wait until tomorrow.....I might have to get me a real set of rattlin horns on my way home tonight... grin

I am sure many are waiting and would like to leave work early grin

If you can see this at work, it is some good humor to pass the time grin :

Some I am sure have seen it before, but it is still funny!

granted ive never been at a true deer camp because I hunt back home about 5 miles from my dads place but I cant wait to go out. even with all the duck hunting ive been doing. I didnt get my fix of archery hunting so shotgun season will have to do. sad part is ive only been at my job for over a year so I have little seniority so I have to wait until sunday to hunt and Ive only got through tuesday. good luck to all and stay safe

ill be makin the 6 hour drive in the morning headin north. cant wait got the whole week off, time to go hunt the turdy pointer. there is nothing that makes me so sleepless and gets me pumped like gettin ready and waiting for deep camp. i hunt for a week but am usless at work for the week before. all i can think about is openning morning. some people dont understand it, i have lost a girlfriend because of it, she didnt understand hunting. good luck to all and be safe!

iceman

I ahve had the fever for awhile now. At least this crappy rainy weather is helping me stay in the office and somewhat on task. Although if it quits I am grabbing my bow and heading for the woods. Gun opener is just around the corner...

I can't wait. I have had my bags packed and guns cleaned for 2 weeks. All my clothes are outside flying in the breeze trying to get that last scent out. I head up after class tonight for 5 days of hanging with my uncles and watching my younger causins try to hang with the big boys. I love this time of year and the hunting season. I wouldn't trade deer hunting in cold and snow for a spot on a island beach in a million years. Heres to good hunting and great times

Be safe out there!!