• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hole cover Ideas....

mnboy26

I bought a 12 foot travel trailer with the idea of stripping it and converting it to a fishhouse. Well since I got it home and started looking it over, I decided that I might want to use it for dual use and leave the interior in tact and just put holes with covers on the floor. I looked at the catch cover brand and they are nice but too big. with a 16 inch diameter I can only put 2 in the space i have, I am looking for something with a 12 inch overall diameter...I thought about 12 inch poly tank lids, but thats the best i have come up with so far. They would probably twist an ankle at some point....so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.....

Cut your holes just a tad bit bigger than the circumference of the bottom of a 5 gallon pal. Then you can cut off the bottom of the 5 gallon pal and use the top portion of the pal as a hole sleeve while fishing. Keep the disk portion of the floor you cut out, and mount a strip of wood (about 4 inches longer than the diameter of the disk) across the middle of it. When you're not fishing, you'll still have covers over the holes and the wood strips will keep the disk(s) from falling through.

The 5 gal pail tip is a very good one. Yet it will be a bit of a bother if you also use the trailer in the summer because they stick up.

The Catch Cover is a great ice hole cover system, and remain nearly completely flat and tightly lock closed so summer use is less of a concern. They are easy to install and offer a rodent tight fit to help keep critters out or blowing snow seeping in.

The 5 gal pail tip is a very good one. Yet it will be a bit of a bother if you also use the trailer in the summer because they stick up.

Forgot to mention that when not fishing you take the 5 gallon pal out prior to putting back the disk so that there will be nothing sticking up but a thin strip of wood.

I too have a camper converstion we use for ice and hunting. We purchased the hard plastic hole covers from a local web site. Also picked up the glow in the dark plastic tubes that come with it. We use a 12 inch hole and I think thecovers were only 13-14 inches. Also if you house sits to high still, you can take a 5 gallon pale and they slid nicely into the plastic tubes,, that will get you even closer to the ice. Hope that helps.

I too have a camper converstion we use for ice and hunting. We purchased the hard plastic hole covers from a local web site. Also picked up the glow in the dark plastic tubes that come with it. We use a 12 inch hole and I think thecovers were only 13-14 inches. Also if you house sits to high still, you can take a 5 gallon pale and they slid nicely into the plastic tubes,, that will get you even closer to the ice. Hope that helps.

what is the HSOforum?