• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Venison Pot Pie

Venison Pot Pie

For the Stew:

Ingredient List:

3 Lbs. Venison Stew Meat (1inch cubes)

2 Qt. Beef Broth

4 Carrots (peeled & sliced)

4 Parsnips (peeled & sliced)

4 Turnips (peeled & sliced)

10 Baby Red Potatoes

*5 thin sliced

*5 rough chopped

1 Yellow Onion Julienned

1 Stalk Celery Julienned

¼ Cup Chopped Garlic

1 Tablespoon Thyme

1 Tablespoon Rosemary

1 Tablespoon Sage

2 Tablespoon Tabasco

2 Tablespoon Worcestershire

2 Tablespoon A-1 Sauce

Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients listed above in medium size crock-pot and set to low, allow to cook roughly eight to ten hours stirring occasionally or until venison is tender. The thinly sliced potatoes will break down over time and thicken the stew.

For the Finish:

Ingredient List:

4 Store bought pie crusts

¼ Cup Melted Butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pierce the bottom of two pie crusts with a fork, bake for approx 12 minutes, until golden brown. Flip the two uncooked crusts out of their pans and use the pan as a template to cut the top of your pies. Split the stew equally in the cooked crusts and cover with the cut out tops. Brush tops with melted butter for a nice crisp topping. Bake at 350 degrees till golden brown.

Cheffrey You are killing me.I'm not even done with smokes and coffee and I'm thinking of what to cook tonight.I'll bet that folks will be adding to their shopping lists for deer hunting.I have made pot pie with meat, canned soup and frozen veggies but yours sounds oh so much better.

Thanks for the posts.

Dietz, It's been a very busy summer for me Dietz, these recipe's I posted were asked of me for the Govenors Deer opener show for KQDS in Duluth tomorrow morning, so I figured why not share them on here. Going to really get back into posting now that I have a little down time between summer ending and opening a new restaurant at Lutsen.