• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Highschool State Tournament-08

riverrat56

I wouldn't be too quick to judge the success of the GSL program based on tonight's game considering LSH couldn't get out of their own way.

The GSL program is a far better coached team than LSH. For Turek to continue losing year after year to GSL has to be an embarrassment. But a person would think he would finally figure out how to defend against the GSL offense.

If GSL sees De LaSalle in the final, it will be a close contest.

you have no clue do you! turek puts together a darn good team for what he has to work with like the previous post said lsh kids have to play both sides of the ball gsl has well over 70 players that are of better quality so they are able to have a seperate offense and defense teams have you ever been to a lsh game and watch how tired these players get i am sure not YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF WHAT YOU SAID GIVE TUREK THE GSL SQUAD AND THE RESULT WILL BE THE SAME GSL WOULD STILL WIN

Either LSH needs to drop a class or GSL needs to up a class.

Maybe when McLeod West H.S. folds enough students will go to GSL and bump them up a class. One can only hope. Another superb season Giants. Nice job.

With our enrollment dropping and already near the bottom of the 3AAA cut off, maybe we will go to 2AA soon. Guess we'll wait and see.

GO HOLY FAMILY AND PERHAM

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BK19,

Actually I have been to most of the LSH games this year as well as every game last year including the LOSS TO GSL. We had the team to beat GSL last year, but it came down to play calling in the second half last year.

I should be ashamed for what I said? Give me a break! Granted, Turek has made some changes for the better this year, but if he continues to play out of Lou Holtz's play book handed down from Bruce Frank, he'll never beat GSL.

Another issue is the lack of a weight training program. GSL goes year round. It's only encouraged, not enforced at LSH. Pretty nice addition to the school, including the fitness room.

One point I do agree with you on is hopefully some of the McLeod West kids go to GSL, it will bump them up where they belong. With our faltering enrollment in LSH, we might be back down to playing teams like Le Center, WME and Loyola. What hurts us here is the New Country School bumping our numbers.

I'm not trying to start a battle royale over the LSH vs. GSL history, but when parents sit through the meetings at the beginning of the year, the demeanor of the coaches come off as being arrogant.

The arrogance tends to push the kids away. The favoritism pushes kids away. There was far more talent on this team this year than what was used. Who's to blame for that? When one player can be thrown to twice in one game and turn that into a touchdown each time, then doesn't see another pass for 4 games, who do we blame?

Look at the BP game. The game was won by kicking a field goal. Something that Turek never would have done and never did in years past. This is one of the changes that I commend him for. Another thing to look at in the BP game is the running back who was able to march the team down to the 3 yard line before the ball was unfortunately fumbled. He didn't get a touch that I noticed last night in EP. Why not? I realize there was a different formation to aid this RB to get down the field. But if you think about it, it was a formation right out of the GSL play book.

Speaking of the game last night, GSL had Jareds number pegged and they sure made it a long night for him. Jared is one heckuva RB as is Adam. But there was also another RB, Sam, who took the ball for 10 yards and a first down on the same plays they were running all night.

With the info I provided, do you still think I haven't been to any LSH games? laugh

Turek has the potential to be one of the top coaches in the state. I cannot dispute that. But what he needs to do to make this team function to it's fullest potential is use a little diversity. IMO, he relies too heavily on only a couple players.

Spread the wealth throughout the team, and players like Sam, Jared, Adam, Jason, Luke and Colin won't be as tired.

Thats brings out a good point LEP,

GSL has such a balanced offence. The coaching staff has a understand that yes there might be a better back in the backfrield then the other two, but if your not moving the ball around to the other two back and the QB in the option, teams will key on that one guy that is going to be running the ball all the time, and stop the offence.

LS was unable to move the ball at all inside the tackels last night. GSL defence was to good last night.

Im sure LS will have a great time next year and fight again to get to the state tournament once again!

my b-in just retired from working for Blaine after many years and this morning he told me they beat eden prairies 38 game win streak

i had to be just as proud and state that New London beat Proctor last night 61 to 0

we are wondering if that would be a MN. tournament record for point spread???

as we are sitting in woods talking about it 4 deer walked by us,neither of us is hunting

Bass'N,

were you there last night? I agree with you on the GSL defense. No matter what play they were presented with, it seemed like there was always 15 guys in the white/silver on the field at all times. There was simply no gaps, period.

For a team to beat GSL, they will have to bring more than 4 plays and be fully capable of beating them physically.

Not sure on the reasoning for skipping a week, but I think the change to a 2 day Prep Bowl/the MN/IA game plus the fact that it is traditionally on Thanksgiving weekend are the reasons? Not sure why you can't just start the season a week later?

My Cardinals are making their third straight year trip to the Dome. They beat a really good Triton team last weekend and face another very tough team this weekend in Hawley. I'm off to the Dome for the 5:45 kickoff...

BK19,

Actually I have been to most of the LSH games this year as well as every game last year including the LOSS TO GSL. We had the team to beat GSL last year, but it came down to play calling in the second half last year.

I should be ashamed for what I said? Give me a break! Granted, Turek has made some changes for the better this year, but if he continues to play out of Lou Holtz's play book handed down from Bruce Frank, he'll never beat GSL.

Another issue is the lack of a weight training program. GSL goes year round. It's only encouraged, not enforced at LSH. Pretty nice addition to the school, including the fitness room.

One point I do agree with you on is hopefully some of the McLeod West kids go to GSL, it will bump them up where they belong. With our faltering enrollment in LSH, we might be back down to playing teams like Le Center, WME and Loyola. What hurts us here is the New Country School bumping our numbers.

I'm not trying to start a battle royale over the LSH vs. GSL history, but when parents sit through the meetings at the beginning of the year, the demeanor of the coaches come off as being arrogant.

The arrogance tends to push the kids away. The favoritism pushes kids away. There was far more talent on this team this year than what was used. Who's to blame for that? When one player can be thrown to twice in one game and turn that into a touchdown each time, then doesn't see another pass for 4 games, who do we blame?

Look at the BP game. The game was won by kicking a field goal. Something that Turek never would have done and never did in years past. This is one of the changes that I commend him for. Another thing to look at in the BP game is the running back who was able to march the team down to the 3 yard line before the ball was unfortunately fumbled. He didn't get a touch that I noticed last night in EP. Why not? I realize there was a different formation to aid this RB to get down the field. But if you think about it, it was a formation right out of the GSL play book.

Speaking of the game last night, GSL had Jareds number pegged and they sure made it a long night for him. Jared is one heckuva RB as is Adam. But there was also another RB, Sam, who took the ball for 10 yards and a first down on the same plays they were running all night.

With the info I provided, do you still think I haven't been to any LSH games? laugh

Turek has the potential to be one of the top coaches in the state. I cannot dispute that. But what he needs to do to make this team function to it's fullest potential is use a little diversity. IMO, he relies too heavily on only a couple players.

Spread the wealth throughout the team, and players like Sam, Jared, Adam, Jason, Luke and Colin won't be as tired.

LSH overachieved this year. They had a better team last year, but LSH did not lose the game in the 2nd half due to play calling. They lost the game in the 2nd half because GSL was better. Turek runs an offense that has produced many 1,000 yard rushers over the course of his tenure. I think he knows what he's doing. Take a deep breath. It's HS FB.

Go Panthers! I hope they clobber Holy Family.

Barony,

several of the players from last year, who spent the majority of their time on the field, were frustrated with the coach last year during the GSL game for the reason I stated and I stand by my word.

As I stated before, if the LSH coach utilizes the talent in the coming years, we'll have players who only play one side of the ball. We just have to wait 2 more years for this to happen.

I have to admit, I'm a little bitter for comments by the coach about past players in the local paper. If he continues to throw his players under the bus, he will never take a team to state.

go wild cats,todays game is going to be a battle,I pic it as the best game of the tourney.could go either way,Who shows up,no rain,no wind,no weather this could be an air show!I would not bet one red cent on this game.But still gotta say go wildcats,after all they are the underdog.Although they may be over matched with the passing game.Contain barker,wildcat win.

DeLaSalle rallies from a 14-0 first half deficit, and ends up showing NL-S why the Islanders are #1 in 3A.grin 31-14 ISLANDERS!

5A action, Blaine beats Cretin-Derham Hall 28-27 OT.

Hopefully Rosemount takes Wayzata down tomorrow.