Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lawman

Suzuki 115 For Stroke Question

5 posts in this topic

I have a 2001 Suzuk 115 4 stroke. I have not change the plugs in about 3 years. Heck, I'm not even sure they need changing but I bought 'em so why not. My problem is I can't seem to pull the rubber boots/wire covers off. I pulled real hard but I'm afraid to yank any harder or will damage something. Any ideas?

I would twist / rotate them while you pull. They do fit pretty tight and are pretty long.

marine_man

They are very long, and it's a good idea to put some electrical grease on the boot when your done. The bottom plug is a real pain in the rear to change out, there is no clearance. You need the long tool that comes in your kit to change them out.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but anyone have a rule of thumb of how often plugs should be changed? I've been told every spring, after running the boat for the first time.

I'm not aware of any rule of thumb... but evey year in my opinion is a bit much... maybe every other year, but every year is a bit much.

marine_man