• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Orchard Lake, Dakota Cty

sbro73

Ran into a group of fisherman, with a 45 on a stringer, and I asked what they were going to do with it, explaining it be best to release it, "No it's Dinner!!! I could not explain enough that it wouldn't taste good,to no avail. Made me sick as I only had a one follow, and a good fish like that could have been released for another day. Tight Lines Guys!!!

sbro73, I know how you feel about this situation because I have seen it myself. There are fishermen out there who don't release anything, everything goes into the frying pan. It makes me sick too, but there is nothing we can do about it. These are fishermen that fish for meat, they don't enjoy catching and releasing them like we do. I would be in favor of a catch and release only regulation on muskies. They make some pretty darn good replicas out there at a fair price. I see no reason to EVER keep one unless the fish was deeply hooked and it would not live upon release.

So this brings up a good Q's since a tiger muskie will never go 48" then they all go back for c@r All tiger muskie lakes should be only c@r and A BIG SIGN at the access should help on this?

DNR NEEDS A BIG Help. and spend some of that wasted money on our lakes not there big parties?

I saw a couple of guys a month ago filling up on bass. I doubt it was for a tourney, not many boats on the lake... I didnt say anything, not my business really. But good goes with bad. Orchard has a Do not eat bass rating, mercury. I won't keep anything from there. As frustrating as it is sometimes it is a DNR issue. There must be people keeping bigger fish, it's gone down hill in the last few years.