• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hearing aid for deer hunting

I have heard that the "game ear" or something like that works pretty well. A guy I know said he heard the deer way before he saw it.

Has any used this -- is it legal in MN? I think it was only $12.

Any and all info on this would be great.

Thanks

Hitman

The walker game ear is supposed to be great, but I have never used it. Its a little more than $12 though, 238 more crazy

Listed for 250 on cabelas.

They have some for $12, but I doubt they would be very effiecent although I haven't used one.

I have the orignal Walker's Game Ear, there are now about 4 differant models. It works ok, you can definately hear a lot more. But if it is really windy, rainy or even snowing all you hear way too much.

There are time when every leaf making a noise, for any reason sounds like it is echoing in your head.

I've not used it, but given the rule of "you get what you pay for", a $12 hearing aid probably wouldn't be worth it.

That said, I think some of the $250-800 ones look interesting, and I may try them out someday. At this point my ears still seem to work OK, but you never know.

Wouldn't waste your time or money with them. Deer hear just as good as us so biggest thing is to be quiet in the stand. The Walker's Game Ear do cost over 200 so doubt those 12 dollar ones would work.

I have a friend who has to use them--he's hard of hearing and that devestating to a houndsman. He's 73 now and still hunts hard and with them on he can hear at least as good as me--but and it's a big butt--he can't course where the sound is coming from. He has tried them all and told me some of the $20 models are just as good as the $800 ones.

I have a "Woodland Whisper". They are made by Nature Vision, the same company that has MarCum and Aqua-vu. Use it quite a bit. They are only like $14 for one model and $30 for the other. Not much to give a try.

I use it because I am horrible at holding still in the tree. So many times I bring a book with me and read, its helps me hold still. This has worked for me and helps me hear the deer from farther away.

Not saying you need one, just what works for me.

I picked up a Walkers sound amplifier from walmart the other day for 12 bucks, I wore it duck hunting this morning to see hoe it works, it sounded pretty good for a cheap aid, Buy the way I got 3 mallards, I could hear them quaking so loud I thought they were going to land on top of me, Cant wait to try it deer hunting this weekend grin