• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ermine Traps

I havn't done this but I've read about in a few different publications and seems to make sense. Make a wodden box with a hole in it kinda like a bird house, place a regular rat trap inside bait it just as you would for a rat only using some kind of meat and wallah. weasel trap. If you do a web search you may find a better description.

Make a box about 6"W x 6"Tall and 14" deep with a 2" hole or so on one end. Put a nail through the back end. Use a #1 long spring that is fastened to the box with heavy duty staple or something inside the box. File your long spring pan and dog so it can be hair triggered and place in front of the hole in the box. Bait with a rabbit leg with meat visible and put on the nail in the back so it stays there. Worked for me last year when the snow was on the ground. Build the box so you can get into it and re-set. My boxes might be too heavy cause I pack into locations on foot. I used new looking wood and didn't seem to matter. Usually the #1 long spring gets em by the whole body. Search on other forums cause this is how I came up with this, with some of my own ideas too