• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

little duck id help

I will look it up but I just wanted to know what everyone else would think when they first saw it. I saw a duck yesterday that was massive. It was at a distance and made a few passes but it had a lot of white through out his body but a clear white patch on his wing. As I was working this duck we had a flock of woodducks come buzzing in so we shot at the woodducks but as they flew away the mystery bird and the woodducks were right next to each other. the big duck was 3 times the size of the woodducks. Anyone know what it could have been. This bird stumped me.

Maybe a merganser otherwise once in awhile you see tame ducks that have found a wild flock and they wonder out into the swamp. They have various colors due to cross breeding and are really big sometimes larger than a mallard. There are some in our area that one of our neighbor releases every year after raising them. I doubt that many make it out of the state alive.