Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

Congratulations

51 posts in this topic

Well it’s been a very interesting political race this year. While the guy I voted for didn’t come through, I want to congratulate Mr. Obama in his victory and wish him all the best and nothing but success with the Presidency.

I can tell you this, it is nice to see people get involved with the political process, and without a doubt the people have spoken.

And another thing I can assure you right now, whether I agree with Mr. Obama’s policies and or foreign affairs, I will still look at him at the President of the United States, and never call him, “dumb, stupid, or ignorant” or make inappropriate comments towards him.

Respect is a two way street and while I may never be in his company, I won't disrespect that office.

I raise my glass for Mr Obama and also the non-stop political ads disappearing into the fog.

See you on the water

Well said, my friend. I didn't vote for the winner either, but he has my full support. He'll need all the support he can get from the citizens he serves if he's to lead us in a new direction.

glad its over. I am not happy about the results but oh well. its not like the GOP didnt have it coming after 8 years of Bush

voted for him or not, he is still my president as of jan 20, 2009

congrads to president elect Obama

now...what do we fight about now grin

I agree, show respect for the office. Something that hasn't been done in eight years. I don't agree with him, let's just hope he does something and wasn't all just good speaking.

Congrats are in honor. Mostly to all of us for enduring two years of this. But Congrats to Mr Obama. Now keep your promises.

dtro Sandman Tackle- i didn't think you guys had it in ya my friends.... I could not have said it any better...

Even if Obama never earns you guys respect, You got mine !

smile

So lets get back to the fishing... any one going out this week end..

I did vote for him! you fellas show class in the previous posts!!

We're all in this together now.The outcome of our recent downfalls will be a tough row to hoe,Our whole system needs our support and please be active in what you believe!Thats part of change!

HISTORY IS NOW MADE!! A minority President! WE"VE COME A LONG WAY!

"Yes We Can"

May sound silly, but yes we can!

Onward and upward and do not look back! I welcome Obama and I feel he will help restore pride and hope back in this country and for many that may have never really experienced it before is their lives.

You have to pass around the jug of life once and awhile, to keep this country on track with the way it was founded.

If you want to look upon this day as a black cloud washing over our country, you sure can. I sure did when Bush was elected for the second term. I feel your pain smile

In the end it will take some getting used to, but I feel it will help our country in the long run.

"Yes We Can"

May sound silly, but yes we can!

Onward and upward and do not look back! I welcome Obama and I feel he will help restore pride and hope back in this country and for many that may have never really experienced it before is their lives.

You have to pass around the jug of life once and awhile, to keep this country on track with the way it was founded.

If you want to look upon this day as a black cloud washing over our country, you sure can. I sure did when Bush was elected for the second term. I feel your pain smile

In the end it will take some getting used to, but I feel it will help our country in the long run.

I still would love to know how he's going to do this?

I still would love to know how he's going to do this?

Just sit sit back and watch.

So does anyone want to support my team in the race to cure cancer?

I did vote for Obama, and if McCain had chosen someone other than Palin I probably would have voted for him. And I am a somewhat liberal Democrat, a woman, and probably wouldn't be here if not for the social programs our country has. My biggest wish is that our country can come together and solve some of the problems we do have and bring our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Congrats Obama. All that matters now is that we all come together and believe in our newly elected leaders to help our country through the current economic challenges.

there will be a time for opposition. i still have a lot of concerns regarding senator, well, i guess president elect Obama but there will be a time and place for that. i wont predict what his presidency will be like, either. i dont have a crystal ball

today is a celebration of sorts. a man was elected to the highest office of the land were just 50 years ago he couldnt drink at the same drinking fountain as white people.

that alone is a huge positive regardless what happens with his presidency.

there will be a time for opposition. i still have a lot of concerns regarding senator, well, i guess president elect Obama but there will be a time and place for that. i wont predict what his presidency will be like, either. i dont have a crystal ball

today is a celebration of sorts. a man was elected to the highest office of the land were just 50 years ago he couldnt drink at the same drinking fountain as white people.

that alone is a huge positive regardless what happens with his presidency.

This is the attitude that needs to come out of all of this and the great part of living in this country.

Quetico , I agree with you, I just wish others would have offered up that during the last eight years.

Even if Obama never earns you guys respect, You got mine !

Mr. Obama has my respect. Just because I disagree with him on issues doesn't mean I don't respect him.

We can have disagreements and still be respectful. There is no need to make political disagreements personal.

President-Elect Obama has an opportunity to make the country better. I see some parallels between Obama and Reagan...both came into the presidency during tough times, talking about hope and a better future (rather than whining and grousing about what was wrong with everything).

Mr. Obama will be my president. I will respect the office and respect the man. If I disagree with him on issues, I will continue to state those disagreements, but will try to do so in a respectful manner.

That is the backbone of democracy...civil discourse. And as one of my college professors used to say, "Democracy is not a spectator sport".

Well said Darren "DTRO"!

Fixed it for you Sandmmand!

I agree, show respect for the office. Something that hasn't been done in SIXTEEN YEARS. I don't agree with him, let's just hope he does something and wasn't all just good speaking.

Congratulations to Mr. Obama. I just hope he doesn't take away our boat motors and make us use sailboats. Ha!

What you dont want to have to trade the Lund in for a sail boat? Mount the minnkota on the bow of a sail boat.

Congratulations to Mr. Obama. I just hope he doesn't take away our boat motors and make us use sailboats. Ha!

TO would be completely lost if he couldn't keep his outboard running!! grin

I concur, congrats to President-Elect Obama on a great achievement in winning the election. I believe whole heartedly the man's policies are fundamentally flawed and horrible for our country, but that notwithstanding, his people ran an excellent campaign and he is elected and he will lead our nation for four years. I hope for our sake he does far better than I think he will.

As an epilogue to the election, I hope people will realize some day how much John McCain has done for this country and what a true American hero he is. I firmly believe everyone should go on Google and search for his first person account of his days in the Hanoi Hilton and learn about what this man sacrificed for our country and for his fellow POW's. People can disagree with politics all they want, but John McCain is ABSOLUTELY deserving of the greatest levels of respect we afford people in this country. His concession speach last night again showed what a class act he is...

I forgot to mention that first person account was published in US news and World Report for those interested that should make it easier to find. I have told my family that I believe everyone should read that and it didn't have anything to do with the election. I still believe everyone should read that.

"That is the backbone of democracy...civil discourse." Tell that to the pro-global warming crowd.

Lawdog, I agree with your thought of John McCain. What people show respect for today is something I just don't understand. Many now days view a quarterback from the winning team of a big football game as a hero, but figure a War Vet, Fireman or Police Officer as someone who is doing a job. Makes no sense to me.

All I'm going to say is boy the stock market sure showed it's true self the day after the election.

DOW Down -486 in the red, Enough said!!!

I thought John McCain did a exceptional concession speech!

detro started this thread boldly,humbly and honestly.I believe he is ernest.

John lost! all these yet nevative posts only degrade the posters! Yes McCain is a fine person. He LOST no need to build him up and our President elect down.Sen. McCain is now old news,May he cross lines and continue his representation faithly and as honest as he is.Lets move on to our future with OUR new President Obama!