• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

They are Coming

The forecast for Thursday and Friday, in Manitoba and northern North Dakota is for snow and blowing snow, with high northwest winds. The low temps will be in the teens.

This should be the push we are waiting for !

Good luck and be safe on the water.

tweed

Just got back from western MN. Hunted the snow and wind for three days and we saw less than 200 Mallards; total.

We are still in shock. Hardly any divers in the area but a few geese.

8" of snow near the border. The fields are snow covered.

Are they still in Manitoba?

tweed

Are they still in Manitoba?

tweed

More like Nebraska or Missouri. smile

Hunted from the SD border to central mn the last 4 days. Was solid Ducks, Geese & Swans heading south for the last 4 days. Talked to a contact in NE SD, and he said pretty much everything is gone, and they'll be ice fishing this week.

dan what brand are the silhouette wind ones? i have a baby mojo an expedite one w/ motor the expedite will run 2 hrs longer than the mojo you ever use this brand or just mojo? and my buddy has a mojo, airlucky and this one thats on a ball and socket type-wind power thing looks cool when its goin back and forth u ever seen them?

Was I the only one that had any luck this weekend? The best duck hunting weekend of the year for me so far. Got 7 mallards and 2 spoonies with my dad on saturday and I shot 4 greenies on Sunday morning before the vikes beat the pack. Lots of giant flocks of mallards (20-30 birds) that came right in without hesitation. The key was waiting them out and staying in the blind past 9:30 am; saw very little before then and then it was very good for the next hour or so. I love strong Northwest winds and frigid mornings when everything that gets a little wet sticks to any metallic surface inside the boat grin.

I think there only thirty bux a shot at most reatilers their ball bearing so they spin in most winds all the way to forty MPH after that I tuck them in close or they will fly right off the post it seams. they work really well for me ne how