Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopher Quast

how to circle or point things out on a drawing online

14 posts in this topic

Does this make sense? I have seen where people show a hunting area or what have you and have an arrow drawn in on the picture how do you do this? I am not very computer literate

GT, on all windows systems, you can use the PAINT utility to do this. That's the simplest way that I know.

To open the picture file in PAINT, right click on the file, then select OPEN WITH. PAINT should be one of your options. You will need to play around a bit to get the options figured out, as long as you don't save anything you can always close the application if you mess up and start over.

Or you can spend thousands of dollars over the years on high end graphics software. whistle

GT, on all windows systems, you can use the PAINT utility to do this. That's the simplest way that I know.

To open the picture file in PAINT, right click on the file, then select OPEN WITH. PAINT should be one of your options. You will need to play around a bit to get the options figured out, as long as you don't save anything you can always close the application if you mess up and start over.

fishwater I have windows XP and cant find paint.Ya sure all windows come with it??I'm also poor with a computer!

In Vista click the start button then click all programs. Now scroll down til you see a folder named accessories a click it. Paint shoud be in this folder.

fishwater I have windows XP and cant find paint.Ya sure all windows come with it??I'm also poor with a computer!

It is part of the Microsoft operating system. The paint applicaton should be at this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

You also should be able to access paint by browsing using the START menu. It is located in the Accessories folder in the START menu. Here's an image of it's general location.

paintcropfv7.gif

I dont have it.So if I go to control pannel-Add/remove and open windows programs add & remove, should I find it there or do I need to insert the WinXP disc and install it?

I'll look there see if I can find it???

Did you try doing a search for it? If you search all files and folders you should find it. You will want to search for the file MSPAINT.

Even easier, just select run from the start menu and type mspaint into the dialog and click OK and it will open it.

Right click on the start menu and select explore. This will pull up the start menu in a windows explorer format and you can copy the shortcut to the accessories folder under programs/accessories