• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Parking Lot

anyone know why they would be putting what looks to be a well in the public land parking lot for the land right by the south access to swan lake? big truck that looks a be a well driller there. dont tell me ppl are complaining that theres no water there for their dogs

It just means the fire department has another location they can go to pump water to fill tanks. I know of a few of them. Mostly they pull water from a lake or stream but a few are actual wells. It decreases the time it takes for the tanker to refill and return to the site of the fire. If you are in a rural area, or off of the grid, the idea of the fire dept. running out of water while they wait on the tanker can be a bad thing.

So to answere your ??? They can be used for all fires structural or not.

Fire depts will get water from any source they possibly can. Dry hydrants next to lakes seriously reduce the time it takes to draft water from the lake to the tanker. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know for sure if this is the case in this area. This is how we do it in my neck of the prairie.