• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am looking for feedback on using red dot scopes and others on shotgu

Very accurate and fast aiming from what I have seen. Once you get to a hundred yards the dot will cover about a 4" circle but that is still a pretty good group.

Batteries seemed to last for weeks without turning them off, even a year when you turn them off. The extreme cold will affect the brightess of the dot some. A new battery at the beginning of the season is a good idea and also keeping another one with may be a decent idea also.

They're ok... I prefer a regular scope. I got a B-Square scope for my Benelli and I love it. They have models that fit a few different guns. Had problems with dead batteries (forget to turn it off, etc) and its just one more thing to forget or worry about

love red dots. hate regular scopes on a shotgun. IMO it is much easier to get on a moving deer with a red dot compared to a 3-9. when i was shooting targets I had great groups with my 3-9 power but I took it off when I noticed the majority of the deer I see were either a) moving or B) not far enough to need a powered scope

i have a red dot on my 870 and i love it. shoots good groups at out to 100 yards and is good for shots that are close. Also i like being able to see through with both eyes open and still be on target when trying to find a deer when moving and what not... my 0.02$

I have a holo sight on my 500. You sight it in just as you would any other scope. I like it because you can get on target alot faster and you can keep both eyes open. You dont have to close one eye and then find both the target and the crosshairs. you just bring the gun up and there is that nice red circle floating in space ready to go. I wont go back to a regular scope again.

yep, you sight them in just like any other scope. One thing that was pointed out to this year with my new scope was if you are working at 25 yards to start, keep in mind that he adjustments are usually for 100 yard range. (i.e. 4 clicks is one inch at 100 yards). At 25 yards its 16 clicks to an inch (or more).

I took my red dot off of my handgun and replaced with a scope. The slight tint to the lense cost me a deer last year. Might be fine on a shot gun with a shorter eye relief. Good luck!