• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sitting at work with the fever

Is anyone else having an absolutely impossible time trying to stay productive at work this week? I've been "sitting in the woods" all day and I haven't left my desk. Can't wait to hit the road Thursday night!!!!

Normally I can't get anything done but I am slammed right now and on Vacation all next week so I am busting arse! The only good thing about that is taking some time out to visit this HSOforum and the time flys by.

I'm with you too...

I've been fortunate enough that I've been able to hunt nearly every weekend since early goose season. If not chasing birds around with dog and my buddies, I've sat in the woods with my bow.

My wife made a comment that she feels widowed because I've been gone alot hunting this season Luckily enough I've put the blame back on the Minnesota DNR, and tell her..."They set the dates for these 'Openers'. So don't blame me!" laughlaugh

I told those in my office right up front I'd be pretty worthless this week, fortunately they didn't say: What's new?

Also fortunately I'm bowhunting every night but Wednesday & have Thursday & Friday off to bowhunt.

I got it real bad (took last year off for the birth of our son) but man 2 year build up, my boss thinks I am nuts, my wife the same way, and I can't stop looking at deer hunting articles, the forums, gear, and visualizing what I hope to see or go through come Sat am, 2 more days until I am gone though so need to bust some arse since I am off till next thursday

BigWade, I had a son right before the season last year as well and only hunted one day. I am so excited for this season because I have 8 days scheduled in the next 3 weeks. Work seems so slow, but watching the weather and this site is keeping my focus on my computer rather than walking around talking about it.

Here is how my opening morning is going to go (so I have planned): Get into the stand around 5am. Sit and watch all the other folks pile into the woods around 6:15am and push all the deer to me. At 7:27am a 12 point, 165 class deer is going to approach from the left, presenting the perfect shot opportunity. And the Hornady SST is going to do the job allowing me to take all day to get him out of the woods, register and brag to all my buddies about it. That is the script, I will let you know how the play turns out.

its way to hard, i took off friday because i heard of a nice 10 out where i hunt so im gonna try and end my season early with my bow on friday

I do the same thing before every opener, I find it impossible to do anything the Friday before opener so I might as well get there early and hunt.

i've been dying at college all week over in wisconsin. 3 tests and a paper this week and i can't focus worth beans. plus im trying to get all my stuff done for next week so i can take the majority of the week off. that last test friday afternoon is going to be torture. after that im heading to the minnesotan promis land on the quest for big ol freak nasty.

I told my wife I didn't feel well this morning she asked what was wrong and I said, my neck is swelling up and I keep seeing deer, said I might have to go up to the farm today, didn't go over so well.... grin so I'll just sit here and day dream about it I guess