• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PSE X-Force or Bowtech Guardian?

mnbass2002

I shot the X-force and wasn't a big fan. I thought it was loud (my most important criterion for selection of a bow) and had a lot of handshock. However, it was a bare bow and didn't have any dampening gear, particularly an STS on it. I shot one last week that had all the sound and vibration doo-dads on it and it was much better. It's lightening fast!

That being said, I'm a huge fan of the Guardians. I actually shoot a Commander, which is just a longer ATA version of the Guardian. I shoot a heavy arrow at 275 fps, which is plenty fast for me. My bow is about as quiet as I've heard and has virtually no handshock. I know half a dozen guys who have Guardians or Commanders and all but one have been super happy. Warning- if you have a draw length longer than 30 inches, I'd be a little hesitant- my brother, along with a lot of other guys on the Internet, have had problems with Guardians and Commanders with a longer than 30 inch draw length. Under 30 inches, the reports have been like mine- very happy.

Good luck with your decision. Most importantly, shoot both bows and see what you like best. Also, think about what's most important to you- speed, noise, draw cycle, or handshock. Then, make your decision. Good luck!

I agree with scoot I also shot the Xforce and hated it (NOT VERY SMOOTH) ask yourself this why shoot more pounds if you don't have to and achieve the same speed? I am not a promoter of Bowtech, but I am hooked with the accuracy and overall performance of these bows and I have 3 buddies that now own newer Matthews and shot mine and said "I want a bowtech" and mine is a 2006 Allegiance and it maxes out at 60pds and I am shooting 265FPS with a 400 grain arrow which is moving and I shot my arrow through a chrono at my guys bow shop set at 50 pds and I shot 285FPS what does that tell you.

I have back problems and I have never shot this bow past 57pds because there is no need for it. I read an article a few years ago in BOWHUNTER mag and it was about the draw weight fine line and how not to cross it. For me if I try to shoot 60 pds I can,but I dont have the confidence that my arrow will go where I want it to every time like I do when it is at 57 pds (seems stupid, but just try it and you will see what I mean) sorry for going off on a tangent, I made a heart shot on a doe at 45 yds with a mechanical 2 years ago and my bow was set at 50 pds and it broke both shoulders.

If you need I have a good guy to recommend you to for a Bowtech, he shoots for Bowtech and is a very nice guy with a great business and I can not go there for a whole year and I will walk in there and he says hey Chris how the heck have you been and [PoorWordUsage]. To me thats the guy that gets my business in a heartbeat. Shoot me an email if your interested.

Its all about what you want in your bow. I will say that bone stock. the Bowtech will be quieter with less vibration. I just purchased an Xforce this year. It was kinda loud and vib'n as a bare bow. I added the String Tamer to it and its night and day. I haven't added anything else to this bow besides the stabilizer and sight/rest etc.

Its very quiet, no vibration and wicked fast. I also only shoot 60lbs, but that's cause I can get more power from the Xforce at 60lbs than I did from my Darton at 70lbs. My 380gr arrow is shooting 295FPS. I'm thinking of moving to a heavier arrow for more KE, but I like where its at.

I can draw my bow nice and slow with no problems. In fact I drew on the same deer 3 times last night before it offered me a shot.

The best thing to do is shoot them both and decide on the one you like best. If you get them both factory-ready than I'm sure you'll choose the Bowtech. Try to find an equally equipped X-force and you might change your mind. If you're in the metro and you''d like to try mine let me know. I have a 28" draw length. Oh yeah, the Xforce runs about a half inch long, so try to choose one size shorter than you're used to.