Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brdhunter

Flooded Corn

6 posts in this topic

I always thought hunting flooded corn was considered bating waterfowl? Just wondering if anyone can clear this up for me. Thanks in advance for the responses.

It's fine. Water can come to the corn, but you can't bring corn to the water.

We hunted in ND this weekend and 75% of the ducks we shot were in flooded unharvested corn fields. It is perfectly legal.

I have a question similar to this topic. I was reading in Field & Stream probably a year or so ago and one quick tip they gave was to lay a light colored (white or clear) tarp in a picked field and throw in some field and water decs. Apparently this setup is suppose to look like standing water in the field. Has anyone actually tried this? It seems a little shaky to me.

Yes some people have done that to make it look like sheet water and have shot ducks over it...I have not tried it but it would be interesting to see how it turns out.

Lots of threads on using tarps late season...try the search function.

Flooded cornfield, if it's picked, is just a natural thing if you get enough rain...a normal agricultural practice

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Probably  Canadian. Appears some zealous border guards kept the rest pf them out.
    • my bird id book says its a spotted towhee,used to be called a rufus sided towhee.  
    • Never claimed they were rocket scientists, and I did say they are terrible at putting garbage in containers. Words are all spelled right, just don't make much sense--must be from over seas.
    • You are right. But there was a whole lot of head scratching from the rest of us.  Here is a tasty sample. Thought I'd put it out here for ya just so you do not think your side is hoarding all the genius.  
    • Yea, highly doubt the calls were for well wishes and almost assuredly  illegal at the time, but doubt anything will be able to be proved. Number and length of calls along with a "no no" will probably be the only thing coming out of the Senate inquiry. Am sure Flynn and if whomever else will be well versed on a non incriminating reply. Hard to take down any high ranking gubmint official, no matter the party. 
    • I can't wait for the hearings.  Lock those filthy pigs up!  Send em all to gitmo, heard they have plenty of room there. So how did all that russian propaganda end up on the dnc server?  Youve got 50 pages of hard evidence for that i bet.
    • Reddit I believe   https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5i63d1/40_electoral_college_members_demand_briefing_on/db5or6d/?st=iy9h32qk&sh=3f2619dd   There were plenty of criminal things the Clinton team could have been charged with but when the inmates run the asylum the usual rules don't apply.
    • Hillary and DWS didn't commit any crimes as difficult as that is to believe. Sketchy politics certainly, but what happens within a political party has no legal ramifications. The FBI already cleared Clinton of wrongdoing with regards to the email.   Flynn and other members of Trump's team are likely in violation of the Logan Act.
    • Well, if that happens then let the chips fall but do you think they will be arresting Hillary and DWS at the same time? If so it would be a good start.
  • Our Sponsors