• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PACK vs VIKES

Badger

Maybe all the hootin and hollering for Deangelo hall deserve another look, maybe the headmaster Chili can straigten him out. Is he still available? Nope just looked the skins signed him, he was also a punt returner once upon a time.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: gopher_nation
That was ugly. Hopefully he can play next year.

I think that's all you can hope for. The way his foot was twisted around, I don't think there's any chance you'll be seeing him again this season. To bad too, ya hate to see that happen to a player no matter what team he plays for.

That looked bad...hate to see it happen! Congrats to Chilly in his 1st victory over the Pack. The Vikings deserved to win that game. AP was fantastic and the D-line as well. Another crazy game again....suprised the Purple only won by a point. The Packers O-line cost the offense with too many penalties. As terrible as the offense looked, the Pack still had a chance to win it at the end.

And won by one point.

As Clark said to Russ: Nothing to be proud of son.

But i suppose packer fans should be fine with how their team played though huh? I guess i don't have a problem with the vikings winning by only a point. They dominated that game enough where they literally handed the packers everything they got and still won, its certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Whats with that huge condom Peterson was wearing on his head under his helmet? That got me laughing......

But I guess if you run like that, you can wear anything you want.

PS If anybody knows where you can get one, let me know.

Whats with that huge condom Peterson was wearing on his head under his helmet? That got me laughing......

But I guess if you run like that, you can wear anything you want.

PS If anybody knows where you can get one, let me know.

Haha, I said the exact same thing when he scored his TD!! Yeah when you're AP you can do what you want!!!

Bah, every great player takes the burden of team on their shoulders, and sometimes they stumble. *cough* KG *cough*

But AP on the last drive had fire. He plain, flatout refused to go down. That type of determination and willpower has my respect and I'm sure, the respects of his teammates.

The best part about Peterson and his condom is that he talked coach into going for it on 4th down, they hand HIM the ball and he puts it on the ground,,,,, guess he's not so GREAT...

lol

that was the dumbest comment I heard all day!!! 196 rushing yards, ya I guess that not that great! I will take what your drinking!!

This last game against the Packers is the first time this year I think Peterson had a really great game. The others didn't really stand out as anything special, and yet he leads the league, even after everyone knows he'll get the ball when he's in there.

I think it'll be another pro bowl MVP season.

Wow, Pack fans are so bitter.

Yes, the Vikes do suck. So do the Pack. Whoever wins the division will lose in the first round.

Just like the first time they played each other...it was a battle to see who could play the worst. The better team didn't win...but the worst team lost.

But, a new streak has started. Gus is 1-0 against the Pack as a Viking!!

Just like the first time they played each other...it was a battle to see who could play the worst. The better team didn't win...but the worst team lost.

THAT, my friends, whether you are a Packer or Viking fan is the quote of the year.

The best part about Peterson and his condom is that he talked coach into going for it on 4th down, they hand HIM the ball and he puts it on the ground,,,,, guess he's not so GREAT...

And your boy Farve never asked for the ball, improvised with his own ideas or asked for a specific play only to promptly throw a pick.

Peterson did put the team on his back and get the win for the team after his fumble. I think I can manage to forgive him. I will take 192 yards, game winning TD and a fumble every week.

Pereira says safety call on Rodgers was correct

By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

Nov. 11, 2008 | Green Bay -- In his weekly review of unusual plays, NFL director of officiating Mike Pereira defended referee Al Riveron for his safety call Sunday on the play in which quarterback Aaron Rodgers hastily threw the ball from the end zone while falling to the ground.

Pereira said the only mistake Riveron made was calling the infraction an illegal forward pass. He said that the call should have been intentional grounding.

Pereira broke down the play and said the two requirements for constituting intentional grounding -- failing to throw the ball at or past the line of scrimmage and failing to throw to the area of a receiver -- were met. He also said that what Riveron told coach Mike McCarthy, that it was an unnatural throwing motion, is a consideration in making the call.

In his explanation, Pereira seemed to interpret the play to the benefit of his officials, but he specifically laid out why the call was made and what he thought was right about it.

The video that accompanies Pereira's comments showed Rodgers losing the ball after being hit by defensive tackle Kevin Williams, picking it up in the end zone and flipping it towards tight end Tory Humphrey. Riveron is right on top of hte play and can see it clearly.

"He announced illegal forward pass," Pereira said. "What he meant to announce was intentional grounding. And we have a fumble here. So we have a clean fumble, he reaches out and knocks the ball away. Now we’re going to pick up the ball and on the way down (and) just dump it. This to us is just a dump. Now there’s lot’s to consider here, in terms of A) out of the pocket. So let’s take that first.

"Out of the pocket, just has to get the ball back to the line of scrimmage. Ball snapped at the 10, gets it back to about the 8, that’s not considered back to the line of scrimmage. In terms of a receiver being in the area, when it’s an absolute unnatural throw like this, just dumping it with no idea, just trying to get rid of the ball, and it’s almost got to be catchable, and I don’t consider this in the area of the receiver when that ball lands right there. We’re going to be more strict when it’s a literal throwaway like that.

"And so both cases in my mind, you’ve got intentional grounding for both cases, the main one being is that he’s out of the pocket and doesn’t get it back to the line of scrimmage, and, of course, B) that receiver to me is not considered in the area when you take that throw the ball away, just desperation throw the ball away as you’re going to the ground with no idea if the receiver was their in the first place.

"So, it is intentional grounding. The mistake was, we should have called it that in the first place and not say illegal forward pass even though he clearly did mean to say intentional grounding. Kind of an interesting play because it’s not your natural throwing motion, so the standards are higher."

I am a vikes fan but I was expecting the pack to take it all. but I can honestly say that I wouldnt of cared who won because I was cold and shivering out deer hunting and sitting in my car for a few hours and listening to the game was great.