Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dstndnls

Humminbird 787 c2i - Ice Transducer

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone own and use the Humminbird 787 c2i for ice fishing. I bought this unit last spring and use it as a portable. Worked great in the open water and now I want to use it on the ice. Question is, if you are using it on the ice did you buy an ice transducer for it or did you rig up a suction cup transducer? Humminbird's HSOforum does not list an ice transducer for this unit, but their customer service indicated the XI 9 20 ice transducer will work with the unit. Curious if anyone has experience with the 787 c2i on the ice and what ducer you are using.

thanks.

A Good question?

I think the new ice pack ducer will work, but only in the single 200KHZ beam mode....just a guess?

Call the Humm-B teck's and quiz them, and please report back what they say.

According to Humminbird customer service (I just called them) the the XI-9-20 ice transducer is dual beam and will work with the 787 c2i.

I am ordering one today. If it doesn't seem to work I will let you know.

I have the xi 9 20 transducer that i use with my 383c. I like it a lot better than my old setup, which was the puck transducer mounted to a pvc "T". The ice tranduce is pretty much self leveling, so all i have to do is drop it down the hole.