• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Addition to my Family

My wife and I just got word yesterday that we were the selected couple to move forward on the adoption of an 11 year old girl!! We are very excited to have this addition to our family and thought I would share with you all. We have a 3 year old we adopted three years ago, so this is a little bit of a leap.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats sandmannd on the new addition to your family! smile just 2 more years you will get to start enjoying the teen years. but speaking from experience its really not all that bad and as someone else stated a hunting and fishing partner. good luck and enjoy.

Thanks guys. It will be a little leap from my three year old but it's well worth it. Breaks your heart to see these kids out there and what they've been through. Hopefully we can offer her the home she deserves. Can't wait to get her in the outdoors and I hope she likes it, but if not, we'll find something else to do together.

Well going to meet the workers and foster folks tonight. Might get to see her this weekend and they are talking of moving her in next week. Hoping it all goes well. I'm excited, nervouse, happy and worried all at the same time if that makes sense. Kind of a big step getting an older child. Freaks me out a little, but I think that's normal. But then I feel good and happy at the same time. Kinda crazy huh?

That's one way to look at it Gary, but then I'm also closing in on the puberty time. Doh!!! Potty training my 3 year old to that at the same time. Ha, then you got three girls in the house. I see me spending a lot of time in my man room sucking my thumb!!

You are a glutten for punishment as it never ends for sure there. Man room here I come. Having 1 of each flavor was a lot easier I think. They all seem to have there issues tho. You will now have a built in babysitter.

My niece and her hubby are doing the same thing only the child is I believe 6 months old. I think they are back now with the child. We shall get to meet her/him at Thanksgiving. I never asked what it is. OOOOPs my bad.

G.C.

G.C.

Gongrats to your niece Gary, it's a wonderful thing. I don't think mine will be babysitting any time soon yet. We need to get trust built on both ends and know where she stands. I think we are still going to look into adopting a boy at some point (that's what we were looking for this time, but I'm not uptight about what we get as long as it's a child). Who knows, we would like one more, but if it goes well there may be more.

Andy, I see me taking my daughters out with me this year. Depends if they like it or not.

Congratulations to you and your family Sandmannd! My cousin and his wife have adopted three children and it has been a blessing for all.

I can remember watching KSTP as a kid when they would do a feature once a week on a child that was up for adoption. That would nearly bring me to tears that they did not have a family. It is nice to hear that there are people out there like you that can give these kids a family and sturdy foundation. Best of luck to you all!