Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aquafang

slush removal

17 posts in this topic

Where can I get a slush remover? They are a tall cylinder that you put down the hole and theres a handle that closes a lid on the bottom and you pull it up and clean out most of the ice from the hole in one try. I can't find them any where. I seem to waste 20 minutes cleaning my holes out in my perm since I slowly raise the auger to not spill ice and water all over my floor it is all still in the hole. this takes several scoops with a regular scoop and 5 gal. bucket

There's a thing called the "slush inhaler" that I think is what you're looking for. Do a Google search and you should find it.

You are looking for a sluch inhaler. You may also want a slush bucket. I have both and it nmakes perm shack cleanup a breeze.

cbellas has them for sure, as well as any outdoor sporting good store including FF. they shouldnt be to hard to find, just all the ice fishing stuff might not be out yet.

Wait for the Ice fishing show at the river center. If you plan to go, there is a man there that sells home made inhalers for about half the price that they ask for online and in stores and they work just as well. I should have thought about that before but it took Neighbor guys post to clear the cob webs away. I paid 20 buck for one last year.

St. Paul River Centre. 16th anual Ice Fishing Show. Dec 5-7

Fri-1-9pm

Sat- 10am-7pm

Sun 10am-5pm

How big in dia. are they? Just wondering if after a few times of re opening holes when the holes aren't perfectly round anymore if there is any problem withgetting it into the hole? Ya know what I mean?

I have the 10 inch slush inhaler.It fits in my 9 inch auger hole.I would recomend putting a couple bolts and nuts on the top to prevent it from falling down the hole if it slips out of your hand.I had to retreive mine from 16 foot of water.

I have the 10 inch slush inhaler.It fits in my 9 inch auger hole.I would recomend putting a couple bolts and nuts on the top to prevent it from falling down the hole if it slips out of your hand.I had to retreive mine from 16 foot of water.

Thats good to know...the inhaler is on my shopping list this year and i have a 9" jiffy stealth and figured i would need the 9" inhaler but if the 10 fits.

I was at sportsmans warehouse in coon rapids a couple weeks ago and they had a few of them there.