• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

too late to add scent?

aways wonder if it is smart to drive around on the wheeler the day before gun opener and add scent wicks. Seemed like a good idea a while back ...

I use rubber boots, surgical gloves etc -- but sometimes my bro in law does not.

Am i making things harder on myself or doesn't it hurt?

I've always put out my scent wicks only when I'm hunting. Leaving them out allows deer to investigate anytime--especially at night when you're not there. I don't think they are as effective if the deer have a chance to fully investigate them and habituate to their presence.

I think the best things you can do right before gun season is nothing at all. Have all your stuff set up months in advance and just sneak in on the opener quiet as a mouse. I have a small piece or property surrounded by a a few hundred acres the neighbor owns. The neighbors always run their 4-wheelers and UTV's on every square inch of their property and bang away constructing stands the weekend before the season. Then they blame wolves or what ever else they can think of for not seeing a deer, while my buddy and I usually tag out on our 40.

Truthfully I don't think I'd do as well if I wasn't surrounded by a bunch of yo-yo's that do their best to push every deer off their property while 'getting ready to hunt'.