• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snomobile and utility trailer question

broman

I just bought my first snowmobile (used) and it sticks out the back of my 4x8 utility trailer. As a result, I can't use my ramp that folds up. Also, the sled doesn't have reverse.

The trailer is an H&H with solid 1 foot high sides and a 4 foot ramp that folds up on the back. I'm wondering what suggestions does anyone have on loading and unloading the sled off my trailer easily. Winches, modifying the trailer, etc.

I thought about cutting the holes, but I cringe at the thought of hacking up the trailer. It's a nice trailer. I was thinking about buiding a ramp inside the trailer so that the skis would be up over the top front and the track would be down near the bottom back. This might help with unloading since gravity would help me out a bit. The ramping might make it so I can use the gate/ramp again. Has anyone seen this done. Any pics would be great.

I would cut holes. They would not be that big and you can do it nicely and cleanly. After all, it is a tool, right? We cut out areas in our trailer (wood though) to allow a duck boat to fit with the tip sticking out front and also rear tip sticking out "tailgate", and we also cut notches in the top so the 12 foot boat fits right in where we want it. It works awesome, and is "custom" wink

I would think that would be best for the utility ofr what you are trying to do. Heck, its a trailer... smile And with the holes would be a more useful trailer for you. Good luck with whatever, but I bet you end up either getting a new trailer or cutting holes, when all is said and done. Been there wink