• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Armor x mitts?

Luck e 1

I have had a couple pair of the Ice Armor gloves and had terrible luck with both of them. The first pair was junk so I ended up buying a second pair. By the end of the day they were soaked and soggy!! Maybe the new ones out are better but I couldn't reccomend them to anyone...

I have no experience with the mitts. Mitts, I would think would probably be limited to tip up fishing. You can't really use them if working a rod combo.

The ice armor gloves work just okay - the palms & fingers do absorb water and get iced up if its cold. They don't breath very well either. You have to take the time to dry them out at home before using again.

I have another pair of glove that works pretty well, gortex and the material does not absorb any water. Have not used them a lot yet so don't know how durable.

I havent used the mitts either but I have both Arctic Armor and Ice Armor gloves. They both have the problems NCLaker stated but the Ice Armor gloves are a bit lighter and less bulky. If I had to Pick I would definately go with the Ice Armor. Overall both gloves keep your hands very warm, I have no complaints in that area.

How are guys getting them so wet that they freeze and become cubes?

I had a guy tell me they were trash...but then I found out he was completely submerging his hand (and he didn't have the X mitts with the nylon shell).

NAMASafety...did you have the Nylon shell on yours? Or were yours the type that had the fleece outer?

The Ice Armor X gloves are great, the warmest gloves I've ever fished in (they even have zippered pouches for hand heaters), and basically waterproof. I'm talking about reaching into the water to grab a fish, a stray bobber/bait, or scooping a little bit of ice out, not submerging your hand completely for a long period (why would you?). They do have problems with the breathability, but that's because they're so waterproof. After a day's fishing just let them dry out and you'll be good for tomorrow. Most of the time I don't notice it though. Excellent gloves, well worth the purchase.

Despite my comments, when I am actually fishing with a rod combo, I most frequently use the ice armour gloves. Primarily because the are the are not too bulky - allowing me to use them with a fishing reel effectively.

They only time they go into the water is when I need to grab a fish or clear slush - I never completely submurge. The shortcomings mentioned already don't outweigh the benefits. Not a huge deal, cause I only use them when hole hoping and it is too cold to go bare hands.