• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BIFs and DIF

BIFs, well, y'all know that means birds in flight. DIF means deer in flight. gringrin

From this afternoon at the Sax-Zim Bog, a bald eagle, buck fawn and rough-legged hawk (pale morph).

All with Canon 30D and Canon 400 f5.6L, iso400, f5.6, various shutter speeds. BIFs shot at +1 exposure compensation, deer also accidentally at +1 (DOH!)

3000519837_00eb8b1525_o.jpg

3001358576_c3dbbb42d5_o.jpg

3001359754_0ac05ecc5f_o.jpg

3001362196_398fee9a4f_o.jpg

3000523021_58b9133764_o.jpg

3001362934_ce7eaf46db_o.jpg

3000525505_5e17050d12_o.jpg

I can,t decide on which eagle pic I like better but they both are keepers. I like the full right wing on the first but when you see both wings as equal that looks good too.I was wondering what in the heck you said to that doe ? It must have been something to do with marinade and the grill grin

Love the raptors. I have to agree about the first hawk. It seems like hawk in flight shots are really tough, much more so than eagles. For some reason, this bugger seems to be coming your way. Sharp eyes with a glint - great combo. Oh, that butt shot isn't bad either. grin

Seriously nice work Steve! The hawk shots are beauties but I like that doe in the tall grass as well and the leaping doe. They are just not your everyday deer in the woods shots!

Thanks again, everyone.

BTW, it's not a doe. It's a buck fawn. You can see the antler nubbins in the standing shot and a little bit in the sitting shot.

The light out there from 3 p.m. on was to die for. Light gauzy clouds, warm light, gentle. Mmmmmmmmm. Hope it's the same way tomorrow. Have to decide: Head up the Echo or hit the Tomahawk? Maybe the Tomahawk, considering the wolf story I have to tell on a separate thread. gringrin