• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blaze camo for bowhunting?

AngelicFatum

Ok so this might be a silly question. Why not blaze camo for bowhunting? The reason I ask is I need some cold weather gear for bowhunting and my BIL has a really nice deer hunting parka that is of the silent variety. It is of course blaze camo. But deer aren't supposed to be able to see colors, right? So the orange should show up as light gray, right? Which would be ideal for late season with little foliage left. Yet I only ever hear of archers wearing blaze when hunting during gun season.

Any thoughts? This would save a lot of money if I could borrow his parka, but I don't want to get busted.

The parka is similar to this

blazejacket-1.jpg

Ya know, if it comes down to saving some money and staying warm. Go with it, I have had plenty of deer right on top of me while wearing solid blaze orange.

Also I believe that even during the muzzleoader season a bow hunter would still need to be in blaze. That runs till the end of November, so you will have one month after that. By than the deer will be so food oriented that you keeping warm and being out there are the only things that will matter.

Good luck to ya.

Just a FYI about orange. You do need it while Muzzy season is open and that does not open till the sat after thanksgiving and goes to the middle of december.

Also on that note I do where orange when it gets cold and have shot most of my deer bow hunting while wearing orange.

Froggy