• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

95 RXL pipe and silencer?

Reynolds

The part numbers are all different and I guess I wouldn't reccomend putting a pipe from one engine on another. The Ultra stuff is completly different, pipe and can. I would reccomend checking with some salvage places to see if you can find a set or consider looking for a set of used triple pipes. Nothing sounds finer than a 650 motor with triples on it! You can keep and eye out on e---b-a-y too, that always a great place to look. Good Luck

NAMA, thank you for your help and looking into that further for me. I actually have seen that pipe/silencer combo, but I am going to pass on it. I am looking to find something in a bit better condition, which I know is going to be tough. I have thought about going the triple pipe route, but that would also require a new chip for the efi, correct?

Did some quick research and that's correct, you would need to get a different chip. According to one post I seen, if you went with the Aeon pipes the chip is included free. The pipe and silecer that we looked at didn't look bad to me, I don't think you would be disappointed if you had someone media blast them and throw a new coat of paint on. I don't think your going to find a set in too much better condition, I don't think Polaris even offers them anymore as an oem replacement.I'll do some more checking and get back to you if I happen to run across a set. wink

OOOOH, Jackpot! Go to the Minneapolis section of the list that Craig has and type in RXL. There's 4 whole complete running RXL's in there that are all priced under $1000. You could pick up a whole parts sled. One is a super nice 97' with triples and all the extra goodies. Maybe you could negotiate one of them down a little and have a whole other sled for parts or a back up on the cheap!

He may have modified the pipes by cutting and moving the stingers to fit around the reverse lever on the outside of the chaincase. Looked like he has 3 individual stingers coming out the bottom vs. having the 3 pipes going into a can. A person could always cut out part of the can to clear the reverse and weld patch back on afterwards. Most of the aftermarked cans are mostly hollow anyway so it wouldn't matter to cut it and make clearance. There's a thousand different ways to do it, it all depends how much work you want to put into it. With a little imagination and a welder you can make just about anything work and work well! I have a buddy that stuffed a 1200 triple w/ triple pipes into a Polaris 440 I.Q. race chassis so anythings possible!