Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gordie

how many inches of ice buy opener?

15 posts in this topic

How much Ice do you think we'll have by opener?

My guess is 4 inches on my lake.

Zero. At least here in the balmy Metro area. cry

Sorry to be a party [PoorWordUsage]. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Elwood- If there's 4 inches. Would you spear?

I would not be afraid to walk on it but I'm not sure I would want to sit next to a spear hole in 4" ice.

there better be at least 4 inches. I have to get out and get to the lake asap, becuase its getting closer and closer, and if we dont have ice come dec 1, ill be a bit upset!

How many inches would you like to see before you spear?

4 enough?

as long as i can put my house on it, and feel safe!

I would say 4-6 inches of GOOD ICE!

WELL this weather the last week sure hasnt helped. i wont get out the first weekend do to work but since 1975 i have not been able to get on the ice only twice since then do to bad/not enough ice. thats up north though.

the way that the weather is going now we wont have ice until the middle of december

oh yea forgot to mention id like to have 8 inches of ice, that way can use atv or snowmobile to get around. gotta keep this girlish figure ya know.

This is my First day on Forum. Used to be a Lurker.

Guys, you should double check the laws, The Spearing

opener is now on Nov.15-2008. So I don;t think there

will be Ice.

back in the day up north we tipup fished and deer hunted on the 3rd weekend of deer season, so anything is possible, but highly unlikely. AND, who in there right mind would change that to nov. man what are they thinkin. by the way welcome aboard the addiction.

Unless we're talking a slough or tiny shallow lake, Id say we're definitely into December for 4-6 inches. Water temp 47 degrees by Remer yesterday.

This is my First day on Forum. Used to be a Lurker.

Guys, you should double check the laws, The Spearing

opener is now on Nov.15-2008. So I don;t think there

will be Ice.

If that is true, it looks like the DNR hasn't updated their HSOforum yet. I think it is best to plan on Dec 1 2008 until the rule book is updated.

Click here to view Spearing Regs

huey I have been out on 3 inches before and last year I set my house up four days before season( just got it out on the ice) and there was 4.5 inches then went muzzle loading for deer and when I got back we had six inches it doesnt take long once it starts. I know its not deer hunting yet but come on ice!!

ya, but your a young buck with no belly fat, so you can go out on 3 inches.