• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how many inches of ice buy opener?

Gordie

Zero. At least here in the balmy Metro area. cry

Sorry to be a party [PoorWordUsage]. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Elwood- If there's 4 inches. Would you spear?

I would not be afraid to walk on it but I'm not sure I would want to sit next to a spear hole in 4" ice.

WELL this weather the last week sure hasnt helped. i wont get out the first weekend do to work but since 1975 i have not been able to get on the ice only twice since then do to bad/not enough ice. thats up north though.

back in the day up north we tipup fished and deer hunted on the 3rd weekend of deer season, so anything is possible, but highly unlikely. AND, who in there right mind would change that to nov. man what are they thinkin. by the way welcome aboard the addiction.

This is my First day on Forum. Used to be a Lurker.

Guys, you should double check the laws, The Spearing

opener is now on Nov.15-2008. So I don;t think there

will be Ice.

If that is true, it looks like the DNR hasn't updated their HSOforum yet. I think it is best to plan on Dec 1 2008 until the rule book is updated.

Click here to view Spearing Regs

huey I have been out on 3 inches before and last year I set my house up four days before season( just got it out on the ice) and there was 4.5 inches then went muzzle loading for deer and when I got back we had six inches it doesnt take long once it starts. I know its not deer hunting yet but come on ice!!