• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats wrong with this

I was hunting in central MN on Sat morning with my girl friend. We were in a Canoe all set up. when another boat came into the marsh looking for a place to sit. They saw a few too many guys and decided to move up the river. when they sped up they swamped there boat. They yelled for help and I yelled to ther other hunters "2 boats both with motors" that these guys were swimming and in need of help. neither responded and I knew they could here us and those guys. I took off in the canoe to help them out. managed to get the 3 guys and equipment to shore safely. the fire department took over from there. Now what the heck is wrong with those guys they made no attempt to help. My answer is it was 10 min to shooting time and didn't want to miss out. I guess these guys have never been in that type of situation before. I went in last year with my dad in deep rice and was in the water over 45min with no one to help we were lucky that night. water was in 50's but air was in 60's. I hope those guys on saturday that didn't help maybe are reading this and think about that. a duck is a duck and as life is a life. HoW do all you Feel about this.

Wow, you are to be commended for your actions. Great job and nice to see you have compassion for your fellow man/hunters. Being in a canoe, you put your own well being at risk because canoes can be very tippy, especially in those kind of circumstances. Nice to know the hunters made it out okay and I'm sure they were grateful for your assistance. As far as the guys with the boats and motors not helping, they should be ashamed that they don't have more compassion for their fellow hunters and the safety of others. Sometimes, people react negatively when faced with adversity. Maybe they were fearful for their own well being and couldn't overcome their own fear to assist. Hopefully it wasn't a matter of them wanting to shoot ducks and simply not caring, as I cannot imagine anyone being that selfish. Who knows. Nonetheless, it's a good thing you were present to assist, and again, congrats for doing the right thing. You are always welcome on any slough or lake I ever hunt on.

Watched 3 guys go through the ice one year in a truck and everybody on the ice watched as me and a buddy helped get them out. Some people just either dont get it or are just not willing to help. I dont know? I dont get it either.

It just doesn't make any sense. I couldn't imagine a scenario where everyone on the lake wouldn't come over and help. I hope someone that reads this web site knows these other guys and let's them know how we all feel about there non - actions. Very disappointed except for the actions of Cedarcreek. Well done and being that what comes around goes around, you've probably got some good Karma headed your way. On one hand Play the lottery on the other hand go hunting. I might just cash in...............on some good hunting. Good Luck.

Nice to see you helping them out, they'll appreciate much with your help and these other guys not doing anything and hunt are just selfish.

BUT if that was me, you can't blame me, I would have not heard these guys screaming, unless they are close enough for me to hear and I'd try to figure whats going on but the word "HELP" wouldn't do much for me too, just some noise I'm hearing. If I had seen them flip over or anything, that'll be a different story for me. Not saying these guys who didnt help are deaf, theres a slim chance they were but its possible.

I believe in the hunting rules there is a law that a person is required to render aid to a wounded or person in some form of other distress. And beside that we can all think back over our outdoor activities to a time we wished to heck someone would help us out.

Good for you for helping them out, and I am glad you all were able to get to safety. That is horrible the others did not help.

We helped pull a guy from water in spring, with his boat circling WOT, about 6 years ago or so. We were surprised as we yelled to another boat on our way, and they did not even come in the direction to help - afterward they just said "yeah, we saw something happening, but didn't know what..." jeeeez...

It doesn't take long in this cold weather... Good job on saving them, as that is truly what you did. Your girlfriend should be proud of you, and vice versa.

You did a brave and good thing there. I think you'll find that you're experience with others watching you help someone else is typical. I think many people just don't want to get involved or are afraid to. I think that's equal to cowardice.

I often use a canoe to hunt as well and have wondered how I would handle getting someone out of the water with one. Trying to get a full grown man out of the water and into the canoe without capsizing isn't easy and I've thought the best thing to do would be to have the guy hold onto the gunwales while I paddle in to shore. How did you handle that?

i think they could almost be charged with not helping because. In the rule book its says you have be charged if you don't help a fellow hunter who is in destress. its called "duty to render aid" I think but i am not sure.