• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go To Ice Lure

Craigums

Buckshot or rattling varmint in 1/8th oz. size but I have more times than not just caught them on the deadstick letting the minnow do it's thing tipped on a frostee spoon or eye dropper spoon .

Blue Fox Tingler (No longer made) or a Slender Spoon by Custom Jigs n Spins

JR's flasher spoons

Varmits

Northland Forage minnow spoon or Buckshot Rattle spoon

Vangilas or pimples

Angel eyes

Sutton

Little Cleo

A go-to "lure" Steve. Ha!

Originally Posted By: Northlander
Blue Fox Tingler (No longer made) or a Slender Spoon by Custom Jigs n Spins

JR's flasher spoons

Varmits

Northland Forage minnow spoon or Buckshot Rattle spoon

Vangilas or pimples

Angel eyes

Sutton

Little Cleo

A go-to "lure" Steve. Ha!

OOOops my bad otter. I thought he said spoons. wink No such thing as 1 "go to" you know that. grin

Hey man e-mail some of that Lake G info from last year will ya.

I like to pull on my Chubby!

laugh

I start with an aggressive lure and work progressively down to less aggressive lures as needed. I find the Chubby can cover a wide range of moods..up to and including negative..than I go with Chubby dropper rig.

Or.. a Northland jigging spoon, Lindy Rattl'n Flyer, Angel eye, Demon, ect..rigged with a dropper hook, or a plain hook and a slit shot.

Depends on how the fish are acting. Some days a jiggle, some days a snap, some days a jiggle then a slow reel up and hopefully a chase and a smack.

On my favorite body of water, my go-to is a black/gold jigging shad. Usually outfishes spoons every time. On LOW, like NAMA, I like JR's glow pink stop signs and glo drops.

I like to use only a head of a minnow and it seems to work better if I pinch it off but that might be because the edges are rough and a lot of the time the air bladder is still attached. I jig with a steady jiggle-1/2 to 1 inch lifts and every now and then if there is nothing on the Marcum I will give it a 3 foot lift and a slow drop while I jiggle it down. If a fish comes in I try to keep the same motion and pay attention to my flasher and try and gauge the mood. if he is hungry he will come in and chomp right away but some times you will have to tease them and when they do take there will not be a bite but they will inhale the head and sit there and if you don,t detect that and set the hook right away you will miss them cause they will spit out the head just as quickly. You will get quite a few takers on the drop and if you don,t pay attention to your flasher you will not see them come up and inhale the jig and all you feel is the rod get light and that is the time to set the hook.

My first and second choice would be either a Scenic Tackle Angeleye or a Northland forage minnow in perch.

angel-eye-jr-reg.jpg

forageminnow.jpg

I love the Northland forage minnow. I used the Angel Eye lures last year for the first time on the Mississippi out of Maiden Rock. Tipped them with the head of a fathead and pounded the Walleye & Sauger.