• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Albino buck on trail camera video (Video Added)

Some of you may remember last year when I shot a white mallard, then had a day when I saw an albino squirrel and albino fox within the same hour. Well this year I just captured a completely albino small buck on trail cam video! What a rarity!

I know everyone has their opinions on whether to shoot an albino deer but to me this would be the ultimate trophy because they are much more rare than a trophy buck even. This deer is 1.5 yrs old and hasn't been caught by anybody's eye I know of or by either of my two trail cams in the area yet, perhaps he's just moving through.

I apologize for not having the video ready yet as I don't know how to post. I will look into it and get it up by later tonight or tomorrow.

I have a picture of my great uncle back in the 50's or 60's with a albino buck hanging beside him. I should scan that in and post it next week....after I get back from deer camp. Good luck on getting him. I am with you on this one. Rare they are and it is not like they are going to pass it on to the next fawn anyways.

Albino's are protected in Wisconsin, but not Minnesota.

To me just getting a chance to see one while on stand would be awesome enough. I'm not sure if I could harvest one. Not because I think it is wrong or anything, but because I would be in such "awe" over seeing such a rare animal. Good luck in your pursuit. Can't wait to see the vid!

Sweet video. If I was hunting that area I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink waiting to get out and have a shot at seeing it, let alone shooting it. Good luck. A small part of me would like to see it survive so you could update us with pics and videos for a whole year. A bit of snow on the ground would really help his chances. Good luck seeing him and getting him. Thanks for sharing.

Tippman with all the albino animals you are seeing I am beging to wounder if you dont have a lot of white paint laying around! Seriously though good luck this weekend! Are you still getting a deer for my brother? I cant rememeber if I am suposed to get a bonus tag for him or not since he will be chasing those ringnecks.

KG~ You better ask your bro about that.

Walleye~ Yes I did get that duck mounted, it looks great, put a pic of it in the waterfowl thread back then.

Sticknstring~ That's what I said, a full body mount. Imagine that in the trophy room! I remember when I was young someone's dad had shot an albino buck. It was either Cabela's or Gander offered him so much $$$ for it he actually parted with him.

Would you be able to pass him up and allow him to "grow up" for next year?

That is - if you had confidence he'd make it thru this years hunting season in the area you hunt.

Nope, because there are quite a few other hunters in this area. If I see him there isn't a doubt in my mind. I probably won't be gun hunting this area much though, but my bro is and would be nice if he could harvest him too.