• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sauger and Saugeye -Photo Gallery

Wookiee

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to ask being that I just like eating smile walleye. What is this? It had a tiny dorsal fin, very little white along the tail and also not a spot on the tail or anywhere else. The eye was the size of a 50 cent piece.

27x13.5 keep in mind I'm almost 6'4 270 I seem to make fish look small frown

c156341daf.jpg

After looking at all the pics posted earlier in this thread I would have to agree that it is a sauger. It has been so long since I caught one that I thought this one with the black on it was different then the ones I remember catching up at LOTW.

I think Captain Fireman was pretty sure it was a Saugeye as it had a white tip on the tail.

You really never know though until you take DNA samples. I read an article from out West somewhere about a huge Walleye that later turned out to be a Saugeye after the DNR did some testing, and is the now the current record. Can’t tell at all by looking at the picture that is was a saugeye. It looked just like a walleye.