• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing TV show

BartmanMN

My Tivo snatched it as I have an "ice fishing" wishlist... grin I was super pumped at first but then it turned out to be essentially a 30 minute commercial for Vexilar.... And BASIC info at best. mad

does this show typically present more in depth fishing info? Or is it an Ice Team product showcase?

IFT is a brand new show sponsored by Vexilar. I watched it online. good info for those who are new to the sport of ice fishing, like some of us who have been around the block a few times in the ice fishing world it might be old info.

Even though I have learned over the years a lot of what they were teaching and discussing I did pick up a couple of new tips from the show. Not everyone is an ice fishing guru. smile

Remember you have to learn to walk before you can run. wink

I like the fish fry and "Bluegill Bill" who is 83 or 85. I can only wish to make it to that age and to be as mobile as he is to do the things we all love to do. Watching that clip makes me hingry for some fried bluegill! I'll have to try the scaled version with the skin on. It's been a while since I had fish prepared that way. mmmmmm yum!

Commercial content is a given, they need to pay the bills too.

The content will broaden and become more advanced in future episodes. It is content rich, check the extras, like the Blue Gill cleaning and cooking for instance.

It is ment to introduce anglers to ice fishing and educate along the way. It is really a new format all together with the intigrated content and extras...preaty nifty stuff really. I liked the first show and expect greater things to come.

Consider episode #1 of IFT an introduction.