Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

•   Dave, stay with the conversation. Del was replying to Purple above. I was just adding a little clarity on the types of diets Del was talking about.
    • I don't have Costas but ALL of my sunglasses are bi focal. Tying hooks, seeing GPS whether driving or fishing or just needing to see or read something without fumbling for glasses.  It's worth the cost. 
    •   The problem is you referred to Purple instead of Leech.    
    • I was up to morson over the weekend . The weather was great. Made a run up to whitefishbay for trout  on Saturday didn't get any. Also made a trip into arrow lake and got some walleyes 
    • I don't think he has a precision circulator or a water oven.  
    • Yes there was a lot of snow . I found this slush along side sunset chanel. 
    • Does anyone here have prescription Costa sunglasses? Thinking about getting a pair or at least the lenses and having them put in the frames I already have. How do you like them? Did you get Bi Focal put in them? Sounds like about $400 for the prescription lenses and about another $200 if I want the Bi Focal. Considering maybe just getting the prescription in the sunglasses and maybe a regular pair of glasses with the Bi Focal.  
    • Thanks! That's the reason I was inquiring.  I tried cutting overlapping holes and it was pretty much impossible.  You need a point to center and steady the auger to get the hole started. I think when I buy a new cutting head, I'll buy the 8' power point head. 
    • The fact that dave and others need to or choose to avoid carbs, either because they have diabetes or other medical conditions, or because they no longer accept the prevailing, but evolving, idea that a high carb diet is best.     There are a number of eating styles that emphasize low or reduced consumption of carbohydrates.   Atkins and Paleo are two such eating styles.   Gary Taubs has written a couple of books that delve into the issue.   "good calories, bad calories" is a good start.     
    •  Yes, Nils Master blades will mount on any of the Nils augers of the same size    New out of the box the Slick blades (black)  have a hair less bite to the ice then the Red blades.   Otherwise the biggest difference is only color.    Sharpening will change the characteristics of the blade, after all your taking material off and altering it's profile.   The Nils Bud (head) was intended to be resharpened and reshaped.  If you were to only sharpen a Nils and send it out you could end up with a blade that isn't going to make someone happy.  There are factory tools for the final mount set for a new blade and they are spot on.   On ice testing allows me to make adjustments to a blade altered by sharpening and any other damage caused to the blade. I do take into account the difference in cut between the Slick and standard Red when making adjustments.    The 8" Red w/PowerPoints should cut like the standard Red.  The reason for the powerpoints is to aid in centering at start or possibly overlapping holes which I can't attest to.   Any Nils in good cutting condition should start a clean hole with no skip out. If there is any skip out you'll notice other undesirable quirks with it's cut as well.  
  • MWO