• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Don't forget list

tunrevir

Thought I'd post this and get the ball rolling. Don't forget to buy your liscense early or risk the ELS meltdown on your way out of town! Things to remember: gun, clip, ammo, orange hat and gloves, jacket, bibs, boots, knife, compass, scent/scent killer, long johns, wallet, food, drinks, snacks, tp for the cabin! Did I forget anything? Good luck out there, be safe!

Tunrevir~

Here is my list that I go off of for hunting trips. I always add or subtract the things that I don't need but it is the base.

CAMPING LIST:

TENT AND POLES

TARP FOR FLOOR

STAKES

MISC NAILS (LARGE)

HAMMER

ROPE 3/8”, ¼”, AND PARA CORD

STOVE, PIPES, AND TOOLS

(2) 3’ X 3’ PLYWOOD

SHELTER TARPS

TOOL BOX

JUMPER CABLES

CLOTHES PINS

COME-ALONG

TABLE

BAG CHAIRS

BAG END TABLE

(3) LANTERNS (1 GAS, 2 LP)

LANTERN MANTLES

FLASH LIGHTS

SPOT LIGHTS

GENERATOR

SHOVEL

SNOW SHOVEL

5 GAL. PAIL

CRAPER SEAT

DUCK TAPE

SHOWER ENCLOSURE

SHOWER

AM/FM RADIO AND BATTERIES

SLEEPING BAGS

GAS CAN

PEET BOOT DRYER

MATCHES AND LIGHTERS

AXE

SMALL GAS GRILL

CHAIN SAW, BAR OIL, GAS, ETC

TRASH BAGS

DUCK TAPE

BATTERIES

GAS COOKER AND POT

BACKPACK LIST:

PACK

ROPE ¼” X 50’

COMPASS

FIRST AID KIT

BANDAIDS,ETC

TYLENOL, ANTACID

RAIN GEAR

2-WAY RADIO AND BATTERIES

WATER, AND MISC FOOD

TRAIL MIX, CANDY

TRAIL FLAGGING

EXTRA SOCKS

EXTRA GLOVES

TOILET PAPER

KNIFE

SIERRA SAW

BOX OF SHELLS

FLASH LIGHT AND BATTERIES

BINOCULARS AND STRAPS

ANTIBACTERIAL WIPES

GUTTING GLOVES

HEADLAMP

CAMERA

GRUNT CALL

RATTLING HORNS

COOKING SUPPLIES

LARGE POT (BOILING WATER)

LARGE FRYING PAN W/COVER

DUTCH OVEN

CUPS, PLATES

FORKS, SPOONS, KNIVES

SPATULA, FORK, TONGS

SOAP, AND DISH RAG

TOWEL

PAPER TOWELS

ZIP LOCK BAGS

ALUMINUM FOIL

SALT AND PEPPER

BUTTER

COOLERS

WATER AND CONTAINERS

CLOTHES WASHING POT OR BIN

SOAP FOR CLOTHES

THERMOS

MIXING BOWL

BUTTER

SPREADABLE BUTTER

LOWERYS SEASONED SALT

COFFEE

COFFEE POT

POT HOLDERS

KETCHUP

MUSTARD

CAN OPENER

BREAKFAST

OATMEAL

EGGS

BACON

SAUSAGE

ENGLISH MUFFINS

PANCAKES

SYRUP

BREAD

MILK?

LUNCH

BREAD

SANDWICH MEAT

JERKY

SALAMI

TRAIL MIX

TUNA

CANDY BARS

DINNER (9)

HAMBURGERS

STEAKS

BRATS

HOTDISH

ROAST

BEANS

PERSONAL ITEMS

SOCKS

LINER SOCKS

UNDERWEAR

LONG UNDERWEAR

PAJAMAS

PANTS

SHIRTS (LONG, AND SHORT)

RAINGEAR

HEAVY JACKET AND BIBS

STOCKING HAT

GLOVES (LIGHT AND HEAVY)

CAP

ORANGE COVER OR VEST

ORANGE HAT

HEAVY BOOTS

HUNTING BOOTS

CAMP SHOES

SLEEPING BAG

SMALL PILLOW

TP

TOOTH BRUSH AND PASTE

DEODERANT

SOAP AND SHAMPOO

POWDER

SHAVER AND CREAM

TOWEL

POCKET KNIFE

Ryan, You forgot the kitchen sink....Man I hope you don't forget something, I don't know what you would do. Maybe you could build a cabin.

My list consists of my hunting box with all my sent free camo/orange, my treestand, gun, backpack full of ammo, doe pee, gateraid (later becomes the pee bottle), safety harness, long underwear, hand warmers grunt call, PBJ, Snicker bars, a 6 pack, and my deer licence. Everything else can either be found in my truck or I can go and buy it if I need it. No need to over complicate it. I like to forget my camera and knife, that way I am surely going to shoot something nice. It is like going fishing without a net, you will always have the best luck. One thing I have learned to bring extra of are gloves. I have lost more right handed gloves over the years. I imagine it is because I am taking my glove off to eat, gut a deer, whatever. I always lose the right glove though.

One extra thing to bring for sure are car keys. Give them to your buddy as soon as possible. You don't want to lose your car keys in the woods.

lol...I figured someone would like the post. I actually made this list for my elk hunting trip a few years ago. It was nice to have, but I did bring too much stuff with. Glad you enjoyed it...I was laughing just thinking about how much grief I was going to get.

Ryan, its actually helpful. I have been using a deluxe tent trailer that last couple of years and when I first got it, it needed to be seriously outfitted. Its pretty much where I want it this year with the addition of the $50 walmart microwave.

But regardless of the fact that your list is somewhat "comprehensive" (shall we say?). I copied and pasted it and now I can knock out the stuff I dont need and keep the stuff I do. It saves me a lot of work. Needless to say, the "pile" near the door and the "pile" in the garage has most of whats going up already but its great have a reference. There was one thing on there that I had forgot...the snow shovel!! Just curious, how many trucks did it take to haul all that stuff smile

It took a 4 door dodge (with a hemi) a topper on that and a LARGE car trailer with 4 ATVs on it with a old deep freeze for a meat cooler. I do have to admit that I deleted a bunch of stuff off that list to more suit deer hunting. Just a fyi- when going to the mountains don't forget the tire chains! Man I wish we would have remembered them.