Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Gopher Hockey!!!!!!

34 posts in this topic

Looks to me that everyone is starting to get on a role and playing together again!

What you all think of the team this year?

So far so good. I agree that Kangas is a big key and needs to stay healthy. Luckily our defensemen haven't been trying to take his head off with their sticks like the Mankato guys... grin

They are playing well and Kangas definitely needs to stay healthy.

It was good to see them play well against another ranked team(UNH) last weekend. They have some tough weekends coming though. After this coming weekend against Mich Tech then they have Denver, Michigan and Michigan State and then CC. Should be some really exciting hockey!!

Go Gophs!!!

They played well tonight against Colorado!

Your all right, if Kangas stays healthy, there going to be a team that is going to be tough to beat!

We need to find more consistent scoring from our 2nd and 3rd lines. Stoa,Barribal,Schroeder can't do it all themselves.

I know they didn't score, that's why I added that word consistent. Because the only consistent scorers for the Gophers come from the first line.

The Gopher's need to pick the intensity up a bit. They looked awfully sluggish yesterday and I was very disappointed in the way they played.

Everyone always picks apart the gophs when they lose one or two but then they always woop it up when we win a bunch, i think they will be awesome always

I'm not picking them apart, I was stating the facts. Did you see the game yesterday? If you did there is no possible way you can say the Gophers played up to their ability. How about 2 weeks ago at the tourney. We got housed by Michigan, and then tied to a Mich State team that got beat by the badgers the night before. And the Badgers don't beat anybody like that. Evidentially the rest of the nation doesn't feel like the Gophers are deserving of #2, they got dropped to 4th.

It's going to be an interesting stretch here with Carman and Barriball returning from knee injuries and Schroeder, Hoeffel and Fairchild going off to the world juniors. Time to see who's going to rise to the top.

Quote:
The Gopher's need to pick the intensity up a bit. They looked awfully sluggish yesterday and I was very disappointed in the way they played.

Kinda hard to play great hockey two nights against a good colorado college team....

Quote:
Evidentially the rest of the nation doesn't feel like the Gophers are deserving of #2, they got dropped to 4th.

who cares about ratings, they just got to keep winning games and take a game at a time, a series at a time instead of where theyre ranked.

Any team can beat any team, its not like Gophers are unbeatable...hey Holy Cross beat the Gophers in opening round of NCAA's two years ago, hard to believe but upsets happens and it was unforunate it was Gophers.

Gophs are and will be the most dominant team this year

They will be if they show up every game. This team seems to get lazy and reckless every now and then. If they play up to their ability they should be the team to beat. You know every team out there is pumped when they play us.

ole

Just great! Another one of those nights when they show the game tape delayed so they can put the Timberwimps on. mad They'd be better off putting the T-p(oops) on tape delayed! grin

Isn't it about time for the T-puppies to be purchased from someone a long ways away from here? I mean really!

Game was live on Fox Sports Pacific, great game, just had to make sure i did not change it over to the Wild because i didn't want to fall asleep

The Gophers have peaked in December once again. They have started to show some chinks in the armor, with some suspect games lately. I am not so sold on this team. A great November and a great December does not equal national championship. It doesn't even get you a McNaughton trophy.

I respect this gopher team but I am not ready to annoint them champs just yet. shocked

You guys know North Dakota is the best team ever! crazy I mean who could argue that? Right Redlake? I can't believe they are actually ranked 23rd! I mean two tight wins against a powerhouse Bemidji team last week... they ought to be a top three team right? be careful dissing the Sioux of Hakstol will flip you the bird!! laugh

At last check, the talent laden rodent team has a gigantic 4 point lead over the downtrodden Sioux. Hang on to your pin laden vest. You're really cooking now. wink

WOW buzzsaw you come crawling out of the woods. Your mighty gophers must be winning again!!!! Haven't heard from you in a long time (sum34)

That Bemidji team would give the gophers fits if the chokers had the ba!!s to play them. You cake eaters can't pull on your maroon and gold turtle necks hard enough. I really hope you goofers go down this weekend. My fingers are crossed and hopefully Hack has his fingers in check also!