Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Almquist

Road Trip Pics of some deer and a grouse

6 posts in this topic

I needed to sight in the rifle so Lisa and I took a ride and she wanted to see the deer farm. We were also looking for anything that might make a nice shot.

IMG_3162pp.jpg

IMG_3158pp.jpg

IMG_3155pp.jpg

IMG_3149pp.jpg

IMG_3200pp.jpg

Oooo, look at the swollen neck on that bad boy! gringrin

Bold man, taking a rifle and a camera to a deer farm. Which one do you really want to pick up when Mr. Big comes out? shockedshocked

Those deer farms sure can produce nice bucks. I'm surprised you could even see the grouse, let alone get a sharp shot, in that cover.

I spotted the grouse sunning along the roadside (we really didn't see very many either frown ) and as soon as Jim popped out to snap his pic, he darted under cover. Sneaky chubby fellow!

The deer farm deer are just so healthy and fun to watch. They hide behind tiny trees and peak at us and that buck was something to behold! I was riveted by him. His rack is mighty impressive.

I snapped a couple of a pheasant hen and one of an eagle around Little Bowstring but I am just not a very good photographer yet. Sure is fun taking a drive on such a beauty of a day though!