• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trespass?

wheres_the_fish

The more I use trail cams the more I love them. Not only did I have a cougar on the cam from this weekend I also had a neighbor on the trail cam who was trespassing. Anybody advise confronting the neighbor with him bird hunting on video? What an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly. If you're going to trespass...at least make sure you're not on video!

If you have the area posted as the law requires, its just a matter of showing the CO the camera footage. If you do not want to take it that far, a cup of coffee and a low key conversation is usually all that is needed. Especially if is a neighbor. If he will be a neighbor for a long time, perhaps just a friendly talk is what would result in he best outcome down the road. Good luck.

Ok, I stand corrected. What I thought was the tail was actually the inside of the back leg. Tough to tell with all the grass. However, after watching this too many times, this without a doubt is a bobcat. I got pretty excited for a minute though! Get video!

It even has a long curled tail like a couger and it has a black tipped tail like a couger. Dont think their around MN???

Guess again they are more common than one might think. Actually my buddies dad was combining corn last year late one night down by Tiger Lake out in the Norwood area which is just west of Chaska and saw one go into the corn in front of him and later found it's tracks. Scary thinking they are about the most efficient predator around here.

I have no doubt they are MN, in fact the MN DNR has confirmed in the past that one was tracked into MN. However, if you look the video over close, that tail is actually the inside of the back leg. I thought it was a tail at first as well.

There are definately cougars in Minn--I'm just not sure if thats a vid of one. You've got plenty of wolves in Minn and they are way more effecient as predators. I happen to think wolves and bears are way more dangerous than cats to both livestock and people.

I would almost lean towards a bobcat or lynk then a cougar, tall ears shorter tail but thicker then a typical cat.

And yes we do have cougars in MN not in high numbers.

One was killed in Bemijdi a year or so ago out on Hwy 2.

Several folks have photographs of them as well. Then there was the guy attacked this summer by an animal that the DNR is keeping very quiet about.

Goldtip,

I just sent you some pics of a few cougars from up north of greenbush where i am from. If you want to post them you can. It shows them after they took down a deer so dont know if you can or not.

thanks joe

sorry i see somebody already posted them in another spot.

Short body, short stance, black tip tail and color tell me bobcat! Trapped many over the years. A bobcats tail looks longer when walking. Cougar have tails measured in feet and walk in long looping strides with the feet landind feet away from one another. If your a deer hunter use the gut pile for photo ops you will get better photos, as either predator will feed on it.