• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing/smomobile suit ?

Pink Floyd

I'm thinking of getting an ice fishing suit that would double as an adequate snowmobile suit. Presently I'm leaning towards the Ice Armor blue suit. Can anyone tell me if that is a good choice or could anyone make other reccomendations?

Thanks in advance

Floyd

Starting to sound like a broken record, but the Arctic Armor works great for that.

And as a bonus, if you happen to ever break through the ice, you won't be going down with your sled as the suit will float.

Yes, the HUGE advantage over the Blue suit is the fact that the Arctic Armor will float one and give them the added time to get out of the water.

I have not seen a warmer suit out there but there may be one but the Arctic Armor is hands down the safest suit out there.

http://outdoorprostore.com/arctic-armor.html

I used my Arctic Armor all last year on the sled and it worked great. I highly recomend them for being light, warm and they have floatation.

There is a snosuit for sale in the Duluth forum. They are very nice suits and warm but do not float. Probably one of the nicest suits I have seen but a bit pricey for not having floatation.

I've got the camo Arctic Armor, I had the red suit and I recently purchased the green/black Arctic Armor Plus suit. I really needed some new snowmobile bibs, and this will fit the bill too.

All I can say is the A.A. Plus suit looks and feels very warm, and I really like the fleece lining. Thanks PerchJerker for the great transaction!

I have the blue Ice Armor set (jacket + bibs). It's absolutely water and wind proof, but the jacket isn't super well insulated. Fortunately they're roomy enough for you to layer as needed. The pants seem much better insulated and have padded knees and butt, maybe that's where the extra insulation is - on the pants not me (ok, me too).

It doesn't float though, at least I've never heard anyone claim it does, so that's one big advantage for Arctic Armor when out on the ice.

I am wondering how durable the Arctic Armor suit is also How washable is it. Is this material easy to clean?

It can be machine washed but NOT dried, however it's not necessary to machine wash. Manually scurbbing in a sink will do or spraying off with a garden hose.

Guys, I run a radio station and in the freezing rain followed by snow today I have a great example of the toughness and the flexability of Arctic Armor. I have a small 37 foot repeater tower attached to the outside of our building. I had to climb that today to get up to our satellite dish on the roof because the rain/ice mix followed by snow made it very tough to get a good link to our broadcast satellite. So, in dress clothes, I jumped in my Arctic Armor put on a safety harness and climbed up the tower with a broom tied to my harness. My mobility was not at all hampered with this lightweight HSO Arctic Armor, I could climb with ease and made it to the roof, fixed my issue and back down to find that my work had paid off! I don't care what you say, the stuff is pure warmth, I did not get wet, I could climb 30 plus feet with ease and in dress slacks and dress shirt, and only the suit over top and I was completely comfortable, both climbing and on the roof. Add in the safety factor of a suit that floats and I challenge you to find a better suit. I don't think you can put a dollar value on the features.

Click here and get yours TODAY

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

They are tough. I would say the Red Suit is the toughest and the Camo suit is made for quiet hunting conditions but can be used for ice fishing and open water fishing easily.

The HSO Arctic Armor Suits are the lightest cold weather suits available because of the insultex insulation - Extremely light because of high insulation qualities which is why.....

IT FLOATS!!

See Arctic Armor Here For Sale

Put me on the Arctic Armor bandwagon. Warm, dry, and safe. I don't see why you would go any other way? You'd just look silly wearing a giant, bulky, puffy, old-school snowmobile suit with a lifejacket....But, I've seen guys say that it is the same thing...it isn't. Be dry, warm, and comfortable in an Arctic Armor suit and have the piece of mind that if you fell in, you would float.