• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reloading for Metallic cartridges

pbw, how do you like your case trimmer? I have looked at those, and also have been eyeballin hornady's case prep center for a future investment... how abut the powder measure/scale? Is it pretty much nuts on accurate or do you still need to watch it and tweek your loads by hand?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a big advantage to the auto charge scales or are they a waste of money? Big C has one on sale right now, and I am thinking of getting one... I like to measure out each load, but I am working on prepping 1500 pcs of 223 brass to load up, and also am looking into reloading a pile up for a few different handguns in the future... so looking at doing a lot of rounds, but still want to maintain the consistency, but don't want to waste my money on things thats don't work, (i bought a case prep assistent) and i don't thinkit saves a lot of time, but makes it easier one the ol fingers....

Thoughts are appreciated

right now the Hornady auto charge is on sale for 199 at the big C store... Which is about 50 bucks less than RCBS's charge master... both seam to have the same accuracy etc... Just thinkin maybe its a decent idea...

Anybody up to anything interesting lately? I am now loading for a 22-250, 3 .223s, 2 .300win mags, was loading for a .243, and 45 acp, and plan to pick up supplies for my 40 soon... looking into building a lead trap so i can start saving some of my lead, and possibly melt and sell it or cast my own lead... Also picked up a lee shot shell loader from a buddy and plan to give a few shot shells a try... Also planning on expanding my bench this week... been nice to have some time to get back to doing this this winter! Boy I enjoy it...