• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy or Strikemaster Electic Auger

Smellson

Both manufacturers offer a great product in the auger line. So, in acutallity you cant go wrong with either one. The big difference to me though is weight of the auger. StrikeMaster definately has the edge there. In the regular 2 stroke Lazer or Mag 2000 models, and even more weight loss in the StrikLite. For punching holes and running and gunning 4lbs or more is a big thing in my book.

I just pulled the trigger on a StrikeMaster last week. It was a "demo" unit I purchased at D-Rock. I highly recommend looking into going that route if your set on StrikeMaster. Excellent customer service and the 1-year warranty that you would get if going new. I was nervous going "used" but I am certainly glad I did. Unit is practically new and is tuned to it's peak performance already...meaning no break-in period.

Really look again at the icegator brand they now have another version that you can hook up to an external battery snowmobile atv truck or house battery 15 lbs! and you can get batteries to make it run and gun the other way I got one last year and think it's the best thing invented since the spud! Im going to order the adapter block before winter so I can also have the running off the external battery option if I want to

Do not forget to check out the Ice Gator. They are a sponsor with FM/HSO and some Admin have had great feed back about them.

!!!!Click Here For The Ice Gator!!!!!

I am looking at possibley getting an electric auger and this is the one I am going with wink

I've been raised on a Jiffy and just purchased my very own last year. Yeah, there not light, but besides that, I have never ran into a problem. My father has had the same one since I can remember with only minor wear n tear "normal" issues. So, it all comes down to what you like. The 3 mentioned in this post are great investments, just have to decide between the minor differences.

If your looking for a very good, fast cutting auger, check out IceGator. No fumes or oils and gas to mix and nice for drilling in a permanent house as no fumes will need to air out. I have not used the other two that you have mentioned yet.

http://www.icegator.com/

As far as how many holes one can drill will depend on the status of the battery condition and how thick the ice is. I would guess that if you were to e-mail IceGator your question about lenght of time for drilling holes, they could answer that qauestion pretty close.