• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Offseason rumor talk

mike morris

They better sign Punto as he has proven his value to the team each year. They keep saying a utility player and each year his plays a lot of games, due to injuries. Punto is a must.

Delmon gets 1 more year max. He has to show early in the year some improvement or he will be gone.

G.C.

That's lucky for Punto then. For now, we can only pay him accordingly, and for the role that we expect him to play. If someone gets hurt and Punto does end up playing more, he should be happy for the playing time and not worry about the money.

Can't pay a player a bunch of money to sit on the bench.

Baseball contract have incentive packages available all the time. Making the all star team or pitching over a certain amount of innings and so on.

That is why there is a issue with Punto as he says, hey you pay me to be a utility guy and yet I play in 120 plus games a year.

A hundred grand if over a certain amount of games.

Oh and IFallsRon, should this post be on the football thread.

Sorry, could not resist.

G.C.

Rumor is the Astros are shopping this guy...and the Twins are interested...again

| Ty Wigginton 21 | 3B Current Status: Active

Full Name: Ty Allen Wigginton

Born: 10/11/1977

Birthplace: San Diego, CA

Height: 6' 0" Weight: 225

Bats: Right

Throws: Right

College: North Carolina - Asheville

MLB Debut: 05/16/2002

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB avg

2008 111 386 50 110 22 1 23 58 203 32 .350

Originally Posted By: zamboni
He may have only had 8 errors

8 errors is way to many for an outfielder. I would not give up on Young after one season.

And BTW, I for one will never stick up for his OF'ing woes. Young is by far not even a good OFer by any stretch, but I am all for giving his bat some more chances.

Originally Posted By: Biff Tannen
Originally Posted By: zamboni
He may have only had 8 errors

8 errors is way to many for an outfielder. I would not give up on Young after one season.

And BTW, I for one will never stick up for his OF'ing woes. Young is by far not even a good OFer by any stretch, but I am all for giving his bat some more chances.

Young was a RF, playing left field in the hardest stadium in baseball to find fly balls. He has one of the best arms in the game. He stays put in the outfield.

Puntos already played there, not sure if he liked it or not.

As far as Young, what difference does is make if he is in CF, RF or LF?? He lolly gagged and stutter stepped to fly balls, and always came up about a foot short. For Petes sake, even Cuddyer layed out on the turf every once in awhile. Young showed me nothing as far as being a go getter out in the OF. Gomez dove and had a few get by him, but I liked that about him, he took a few risks, Young- not so much.

The Astros are "barely" listening to offers for closer Jose Valverde, according to a major-league source, who said "he's about the last guy they want to move."

Shortstop Miguel Tejada is another story. The Astros are willing to trade him, and are drawing interest from several teams, including some with openings at both shortstop and third base. The Twins are one team that fits that description.

Tejada is guaranteed $13 million next season and the Astros recognize that they would need to assume a portion of that salary in any trade. The Giants and Angels are among the other teams that could have interest.