• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Girlfriend gets her first deer!

ac777

My girlfriend shot a 5 pointer tonight with her bow at about 12 yards. This is her first year bow hunting and about her 5th time out actually hunting. she had been with me for a couple kills earlier in the season, but now she finally got one in range. She was very pumped! I was sitting in another stand about 80 yards away and I heard a whack and was wondering if she actually shot a deer. Well sure enough she calls me about a minute later to tell me. she was shooting with fingers and she thought she hit it a little far ahead of the vitals but wasn't quite sure. The arrow penetrated through the deer but didn't quite pass completely through it then broke and the broad head side fell off at the shot site, and the other half fell out about 20 yards away. We didn't find any blood till we found the second half of the arrow. We then backed out and let it sit for a couple hours just to be on the safe side. Came back and followed tiny drops of blood slowly progressing into more and more and finally found it in the trees about 80 yards from the shot site. The coyotes had already started on the mouth and entry hole, but didn't ruin any meat. Turns out the shot was about as perfect as you could get, double lung and heart. The heart was completely mush when we gutted it. This was my first day trying Trail's end 307 on wick, and I don't know if that had any effect on bringing it in but she said he was debating whether to go toward it or not. But who knows it could have had an effect it could have not.

So, we were both very excited and I think she's hooked now.

DSC02638.jpg

DSC02640.jpg

Well, if she cleans the fish, too, then I'd think about a ring.

Well, usually I clean all the fish, but she usually is willing to help.

Upsenamc, you going to be up north, or south west?