Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
birdswacker

Coyotes should I hunt here anymore?

6 posts in this topic

I've got a small peice of land to hunt. Haven't seen a deer yet but have all nocturnal pics on the camera. Tonight I was on stand and a huge coyote showed up and hung around till dark. Should I give up on this spot and try to find another?

Wont make any difference. I had pics of a coyote come through on the trail cam (and this guy was a booner, biggest one ive ever seen) and then i had 2 does and a nice 8 pointer come through about 15 mins later. Stopped and licked the salt block and never looked concerned at all. Coyotes are everywhere, most people just dont see em so they think they arent there. I bet theres at least 10 per square mile around here so good luck tryin to find a place that doesnt have any!!

it may not matter but i cant tell you how many times ive had 10-20 deer clear a field on just the sight of a yote. i wouldnt give up hunting the spot but i would def. try to shoot that thing

Like i said, have fun trying to find an area with no 'yotes. Theres a group of local boys around here that run em with dogs all winter long. I beleive they shot 170 give or take a couple last year within a ten mile radius of here.

Just because you dont see em doesnt mean they arent there!!