Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike morris

Putting threaded line on winter reels?

3 posts in this topic

Probably a stupid question, but for some reason, I cannot get this stuff to work. Whenever I put threaded line on my winter reels, after the first couple uses, it wants to fall off the reel in bunches. Ticks me off because when this happens, it usually creates a knot, so I cannot even salvage any of this expensive line.

Is there a special way I should be putting this threaded line on? Does this have anything to do with the slight "wax" coating the line seems to have?

A couple of things you can try.

1. Put a piece of electrical tape on the spool before you start to spool the line, it gives it somthing to grab a hold of.

2. Try using some backing, ie mono line, to start with then tie it up the tag ends of the mono and the braid to each other.

I have also had the same problem, and these are the two easiet fixes I have come up with. Another that will work is to just start spooling the line like normal, and put the electrical tape over the knot. Same relative concept as the first suggestion.

Thanks for the info. sounds like something that'd might work. i'll give that a shot.