• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ahhh, love the smell of the auger

Ryan_V

Cleaning the shop today....put my daughters wheeler away, moved all the bikes, winterized the mowers..... hey look in the corner, its the auger, lets see if she'll start again!! put some gas in it and it started on the 3rd pull as usual!! also pulled the portable out. I'm ready now, I'll get some new line at the ice fishing show to re-string the poles. going up in a couple weeks to remodel the perm on mille lacs. I'm ready for ice, BRING IT ON!!!!

i couldnt agree more i was juat at Gander and there setting up all of there ice fishing stuff. The new frabills look real nice. Me and my dad are fixing up one of the portables sometime this week if we arent too busy getting ready for rifle opener. can't wait to be out on the ice at last!

In July I froze a five gallon pail full of water, fired up the Nils, and drilled a hole in the ice bucket. What a wonderful "fix" (you folks know what I am talking about, my wife thought I was nuts) Gotta watch your depth, or you might drill clean through the bucket and into the ground. PLUS! The drilled 5-gal pail of ice made a Kick Butt Beer Chiller out on the patio.

Todd your on to something big there! You even get shaved Ice for them summer drinks while getting that beutifull aroma floating through the air.

Ive been having a hard time not going to the local ice areana. I think they look for people walking around with augers in hand this time of year.

Bingo Boys! This beverage cooling system is the cats pajamas. I'm working on a patent, but I give ya'll permission to use it for now laughwink It takes care of three or four of my needs in one project... ice fishing putzin', starting the auger in the summer, being creative, and drinking beer/cocktails.

I figure the really impressive thing to do would be to drill two/three holes in a block of ice made from a 30 gal rectangular rubbermade container. You would be the hit of the party! Only problem is I don't have enough room in my chest freezer to fit a great-big rubbermade.